Live Rock for a 24g Ap

whatnow

This is my first saltwarter tankand I'd like to do it right. Could anyone tell me how many pounds of live rock I will need? I'd like to stack it up but I don't want to over do it.

whatnow

Thanks for the reply. I forgot to ask how many pounds of live sand will I need? Is it the same as rocks 1lb per gallon?

sugarfox03

I have 20 lbs of sand in my 24 gal AquaPod and around 20-25 lbs of rock (getting about 10 lbs more next week.) The more you can fit, the better.

aceheart

i have 40lbs of sand and 22 lbs of lr in my 24gal pod and it looks great. just started it out about a week and half ago and just put some hermit crabs from the beach in there and they seem to love it

aceheart

now i have about 44 lbs of LR in my 24gal aquapod
and still 40 lbs of LS in there with 15 hermit crabs from the beach

whatnow

Originally Posted by aceheart
now i have about 44 lbs of LR in my 24gal aquapod
and still 40 lbs of LS in there with 15 hermit crabs from the beach
Wow now thats alot! Do you have any pic's.
I still have not bought any rock do to the cost. I'm just going to buy 10 lbs per payday. I like SugarFox03's pic's and would like mine to be like that, but it's going to take time for me to acquire that much rock.

aceheart

working on getting some pics for it soon, also got a hammer coral and banded shrimp in there with 2 more corals coming next weekend a pink colts coral and about 20 zoas on a frag rock
:cheer: :jumping: :happyfish