live rock from dominican republic

jrandolph1

Ok, at the risk of sounding completely stupid, what is a troll? I don't get it. Is it slang for a drug dealer? I have heard of trolling the water or ocean, does it have something to do with how the rock was harvested??
~Dana~

vpotts28

Originally Posted by jrandolph1
Ok, at the risk of sounding completely stupid, what is a troll? I don't get it. Is it slang for a drug dealer? I have heard of trolling the water or ocean, does it have something to do with how the rock was harvested??
~Dana~

It is somebody who posts to incite a riot for self gratification. Posting threads that would only cause trouble.

renogaw

sry, but with all the liquid bomb scare regulations (no mouthwash, etc) there's no way they would have allowed a wet backpack onto a plane.
i LOVE the pics of the trolls

vpotts28

Originally Posted by renogaw
sry, but with all the liquid bomb scare regulations (no mouthwash, etc) there's no way they would have allowed a wet backpack onto a plane.
i LOVE the pics of the trolls
I would love to see the face of the TSA agent that is monitoring the screen when this bag goes through the xray machine. Could you imagine looking at a backpack and watch a crab scurry backwards across a rock :scared: . In fact we should all do this with our live rock just to either make sure we don't have a mantis shrimp or pinpoint exactly where it is living, or whatever hitchikers we have.

threed240

Originally Posted by adriatic sea
i put live rock in my backpack,it was still wet and start to leak on the plane,some people were upset.No problems on custom,they just ask me what it was and gave me a brochure about corals and other animals for next time!!!
Shurley you can't be serious!
-Airplane

vpotts28

Originally Posted by Threed240
Shurley you can't be serious!
-Airplane

"I am serious. And don't call me Shirley."

traps

Wonder if the xrays would fry the copepods (or mutate them).....Howbout some pics? Cool if you did bring it home.

fishgeek01

can we have some pictures to please the mob, I am thinking, not only of the rock, but of the hitch hikers to verify where it came from?

vpotts28

I think somebody smuggled dominican republic rock and then subsequently smoked it if you know what I mean.

adriatic sea

ok guys,sound funny i know,so here is the whole story,i put the rock in black garbage bag then in my backpack,and it was heavy,my family(it was 8 of us)told me that i was nuts and that on the customs i will have nothing but problems.Well on the dominican airport everthing went well,they didnt even ask nothing,backpack was wet but not too wet,on the plane i put backpack in the overhead storage(stupid move)and after an hour(flight is only 3-1/2 hours long) peaple in the back start to complain that somthing is dripping,so stewardess ask what it was and i told her and she gave me a plastic bag and i put my backpack in it.Another stewardess came up to me and told me that i will have problems on the customs and it is better to throw it away,otherwise i will pay the fine,or if i want take a chance.So i went with a take a chance deal.On the Pittsburgh airport bag went on that screen machine but before i told them what i have,and they say ok,they did not even open the backpak,but another lady opened and she stick some kind of a peace of paper i guess to check if the water ok or something.At that point i tought it will be taken away from me,but all she did was gave me a brochure about what i should not bring in the USA,and she said because i didnt know i can go.So i was happy not because i kept the rock but because my wife was mad and she said i hope you end up in jail,so guys you can bring the rocks but not corals,just act like you didnt know :happyfish :happyfish

vpotts28

Originally Posted by wattsupdoc
Has anybody checked to see if it is illegal before attacking?

Speaking for myself I am just having a little fun, and direct no feelings of ill will towards the poster.

ophiura

Oh, that's good. Just act like you didn't know. Because these sorts of laws are only in place to annoy people, and not for any other reason.

Excellent.
No folks I have no doubt that he is not a troll, but certainly not something to brag about, or try.
I'm sorry, it is just not something to promote. This is why this hobby gets a bad name.