LIVE ROCK FROM swf

rubberduck

can u explain how (does it include a rubbermade bin and a small heater and a cheap filter) i will cry cause i just have enogh $$$ to by the rock.

rubberduck

is there anyway of getting good quality lr for free shipping anywhere else cause my local fish store sells lr for $8 pound

nas19320

Recuring involves putting the LR in a container (spare tank, clean trashcan etc.) with a powerhead and heater and protein skimmer(somewhat optional). The rock is then allowed to sit in fresh saltwater with good circulation to allow the die-off to rot away. Keeping a eye on ammonia and doing large water changes when ammonia is present will preserve a lot of life. Once the ammonia is gone and the rock smells fresh you can add small amounts at a time to the tank.

rubberduck

is there a way to get the rock alive
like i said a girl bout this 25 pounds of lr from swf.com and it was alive and well
have u ordered from here?
if it came packed and alive could i just put it in the tank?

nas19320

Shipping is going to cause some die-off, temp change and just being out of the water is going to cause some organisms not to make it. I have not ordered from here but I have ordered from other sites and they both needed to be recured.

nas19320

The only way to avoid having to recure would be to buy fully cured LR from the LFS and have it out of water a very brief amount of time.

rubberduck

also is a small brown anenemie bad? it came as a hitchhicker and i heard it was bad. its scarsly bigger than this "0"

nas19320

Not everything will die on the LR, most will live if its shipped correctly.
A small brown anenome is probably an Aiptasia, which is bad.

rubberduck

so ur saying even if i get a rock with good purple alge on it i still have to cure it nomatter what?
what should i do bout the anenemie and why is it bad?

rubberduck

thx a bunch
i know this is stupid but can i just pinch or rip it offf and kill it?
i dont want to piosin my tank.
is there any way i can find the thread that that one girl told about her getting lr from swf.com?
plz answer quickly (im tryin to be patient ok)