live rock, is it Alive???

nickersyaaa

Hey, I have some live rock in a 10 gal. tank. It has been there for about 4 months. It have no tube worms or such, how can I add some. please help I would LOVE to bring LIFE back to this tank....:confused:

bdhough

Well first of all you could buy some nice corals with 50 watts of light over that tank.
BUT your live rock is technically alive. If it's any color other than white then more than likely some type of algae, bacteria, whatever is growing on it. You should see little things sprouted off of the rock. Best place to see that is the underside of rocks. Back to the white thing. If your rock is completely white then you need new live rock. Do you have anything else in the tank. If you do then your white rock will eventually, after a long time, turn back into live rock, i think.....

kpogue

What kind of "light bulbs" are you talking about? If they are incadesent lights, you had best not put corals under them. There is no way they will surrvive.
As far as your LR goes, you may want to get a piece with some coraline algae on it and put it in the tanks. Check your NaCl level add some cirulation and you should start seing some results in about a month.