Live Rock Looks Bad,...

renogaw

Originally Posted by blizz75
they gave me a credit for the rock and the shipping! they were great, they made up for the situation.
that's great, plus you got to keep the rock. wil lmake some good baserock if nothing else.

maingo

Originally Posted by Dude23455
I've heard that Carribbean rock is high in phosphates. is there any truth to this?
not that I know of.

bbb

I got some Carribean LR for my tank and it came with some sort of purpleish colored plant on it. After the tank cycled I put a couple of hermit crabs in. With in a few minutes one of the little terrors went and ripped it up. When I got mine it was in decent shape and had quite a few different plants on it. Too bad I was stupid enough to not turn the lights during the cycle and they all died. The purple plant had turned a pale color but I think it was still alive until the hermit got to it. I think I got it from the same place as you.

brucoh

I ordered about 45 pounds of carribean rock last year. Mine sucked too. It looked like concrete too. I only have one small piece left in my tank, only because one of my polyp colonies spread all over it. The whole time I had this rock in my tank, I never saw any signs of life come from it. I sure there was bacteria in it, but not much else. Anyway, the rest sits dry in a tub with the rest of my extra base rock now.

kevin34

So are you going to try and order the carribbean live rock again? Im just curious because I was planning on getting it from the same place you did.

ejensen

I bought some LR from the same people. I did like the rock though. Had alot of color but did take forever to cure and had alot of die off. This rock was sitting for a while.