Live Rock Must Sell

Z

zmovegolf

I am moving and the new place has no room for my tank.
I am going to sell everything I have but want to start with the LIVE ROCK. I have about 225 lbs, 175 Tonga and 50 Fiji. If anyone is interested, please let me know. I don't know what a fair price for year old rock is, but let me know because I over paid and don't expect to get my money back. I was thinking about $6 per pound shipped if someone wanted all of it (I paid $9/lb for the Tonga), and a little more if I have to break it up into separate orders. Please feel free to email me with questions, or make an offer, I am reasonable and have to get rid of it. I will try to get some pics up tonight. Thanks

watson3

Originally Posted by zmovegolf
I have about 225 lbs, 175 Tonga and 50 Fiji.
Whats the difference? I have Fiji Buna and Fiji Tonga..I need more of both, but what is just Fiji?

team2jndd

just buy it in stores? its 8 a pound at most and you get to pick it yourself. Theres also a lot less dieoff that way. No offense to the thread started I just think ur prices are a bit too high. hell swf.com sells it for about 4-5 a lb

watson3

Originally Posted by zmovegolf
I was thinking about $6 per pound shipped if someone wanted all of it
This is from the original...Youre right about the prices..Even premium is usually not this much off other sites

6 shipped doesn't seem bad at all. Other sites aren't usually dealing in cured rock, and shipping is a beast.
Where are you located, Zmove? Any ideas for a price if picked up?

team2jndd

swf.com is less than that shipped for premium and its overnight so youll have less dieoff. Probably shipped better too. Just saying, seems like hes trying to get more for it than its worth. How bout some pics?

outlaw60

If you think it is too high you don't have to buy it. The seller obviously feels it is a fair price, if you would like to buy some, make an offer, otherwise you can buy some off this site, or any other site you choose. There is no reason to berate someone over their prices if you are not going to make a purchase or an offer for their product. It's called capitalism, free market, barter, don't like the prices, go to wal-mart. Sorry, I have just seen too much of this lately, outlaw

hot883

Originally Posted by outlaw60
Is the classified's a discussion forum now? Mods?
Well there will be some "bartering" in here but it is generally for listing items for sale or trade.
I agree with outlaw that if someone does not care for the price, then move on. But this is a great way to get the seller to lower prices too. To each his own.

team2jndd

Originally Posted by hot883
Well there will be some "bartering" in here but it is generally for listing items for sale or trade.
I agree with outlaw that if someone does not care for the price, then move on. But this is a great way to get the seller to lower prices too. To each his own.
exactly... by the way outlaw welcome to the boards. Way to make a splash

team2jndd

I also notice that not only is this the posters first post, he has made no others since. Sketchy I think. Outlaw if you are ready to send this guy enough money for premium live rock after his long standing dedication to this board... be my guest.

hot883

Originally Posted by team2jndd
I also notice that not only is this the posters first post, he has made no others since. Sketchy I think. Outlaw if you are ready to send this guy enough money for premium live rock after his long standing dedication to this board... be my guest.
Exactly, he did join yesterday. Seems if he was serious about getting rid of it then he would have posted again, but then again ya never know.

outlaw60

Originally Posted by team2jndd
he won't get my money! too high, I just get tired of people knocking others down for no reason other than the price of their product, if you don't like it, move on. outlaw