Live rock or chaeto in sump?

xcgx

I have a shallow sand bed in my main display and live rock in my sump. My sump is a 20 high and I don't have a lot of room. Should I take the rock out and add sand, add sand and chaeto, or just chaeto? Thanks.

80sbaby

I Would Definitly Add More Sand And Take Out Some Of The Rock. You Can Add The Cheato. Its Good For Bio-filtration And Good To Keep Pods. Just Put Some Light Over The Tank Part Where You Have The Cheato. Hope I Helped A Little-i Hate When I Post A Thread And Nobody Responds. Take Care.

80sbaby

QUICK QUES. I NOTICED THE SUMP-DIY. I WANT TO BUILD A 10 GALLON SUMP, ALMOST SIMILAR TO YOURS WITH THE PROTEIN SKIMMER AND FUGE. WOULD BE ABLE TO SHOW ME SOME PICS OF IT. I NEED AN IDEA ON HOW TO BUILD ONE
. I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE ANY INFO YOU CAN GIVE ME.

xcgx

Originally Posted by 80sbaby
QUICK QUES. I NOTICED THE SUMP-DIY. I WANT TO BUILD A 10 GALLON SUMP, ALMOST SIMILAR TO YOURS WITH THE PROTEIN SKIMMER AND FUGE. WOULD BE ABLE TO SHOW ME SOME PICS OF IT. I NEED AN IDEA ON HOW TO BUILD ONE
. I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE ANY INFO YOU CAN GIVE ME.

The two pieces of glass holding the live rock is 9 inches tall which is what I wanted for the water level for the skimmer. The other piece of glass is 14 inches tall and is about a 1 1/2 from the bottom. It is spaced 2 1/2 inches from the other bulkhead so that I can use sponge filters if needed and to give the bubbles a chance to dissipate before going under the last bulkhead. You aren't going to have alot of room for a skimmer/return pump and a fuge with a 10 gallon.
If you still want pics let me know of what...

80sbaby

You Are Right-going To Have To Go With The 20. Just Front And Over The Top Views Would Be Fine. Also What Kind Of Equip. Do You Have? That Skimmer Looks Big. Sorry To Be Pain In The A.. Could You Give Me The Over Cost Of The Dyi And Price The Skimmer? Thanks For Your Help.