live rock prices

reefcrazy

wrigley11 e'mail me with your email and i'll tell you all of them i go to, the ones that i like and the one that i don't.

reefcrazy

wrigley11 e'mail me with your email and i'll tell you all of them i go to, the ones that i like and the one that i don't. my email is ivanrm2002@aol.com

lu

Boy! My fish store must have seen me ( LOL) coming because I paid 13.00 # for my first 25 #'s. Since then I have discovered saltwater.com and now I get it from them. :eek:

fishfood

FishGod,
At that price i would almost drive from P'cola to Jax to get live rock. $50 for 50#'s thats crazy. It's $6.95 over here. I order mine on line.

Houston, TX. 3.99 a pound. The person in Lufkin should mail me, Ill pick it up when I go and you can get it here in Conroe as your only about 60 miles away.

In Winston/Greensboro NC area its $8.00/lb down to $6.00/lb if you buy at least 25-30 lbs. If anyone knows of somewhere near me that sells it cheaper post a reply.

kumiko

here by cleveland, if i go to the store that does only saltwater, average price for cured rock is $7.50/lb if they pick, $9.50/lb if i pick.
if i just go to say petland, it's usually 5.99/lb.
i usually save the two dollars and let them pick. =)

tiffany

Is anyone from North east coast?!?!? Stuff is sooooooo expensive up here! I am starting to think this is a west coast and southern hobby! :rolleyes:

Wow ten a pound and I thought ours was expensive. The lfs that I work at sell it for 6 a pound. Theres a few other stores in the area who sell it for 3 and 4 a pound. Just be careful when you buy it because Predator and I bought some from one store for 3 a pound and we ended up having an aptasia breakout. We killed all of them but it was still a pain.