live rock questions

D

dshin1

i started getting these tube like things growing on my live rock and is been spreading like crazy. does anyone know what it is and how i can get rid of it. something that may eat it or something. help

cooqie

a pic... whate colore are the tubes, mayb feather dusters, if it is they are good they filter feed

vito525

My rocks have white tubes with red dusters. There actually a nice surpise for me. I have had my live rock for almost 3 years and they just appeared about a year ago on my fuge rock and now have spread to the DT.

D

dshin1

thanks for your replies, and sorry for the delay in my reply, just finished building a canopy with 2 t12vho and 4 t5ho lighting. i'll have a picture uploaded in a couple of hours, its def not feather dusters. they secrete some sort of long mucus or slime.

D

dshin1

here are the pics for the tube things, and my finished canopy, please does anyone knows what this is and how to get rid of them. help. does anything eat these things?

octoman

Originally Posted by dshin1
here are the pics for the tube things, and my finished canopy, please does anyone knows what this is and how to get rid of them. help. does anything eat these things?
I have the same problem on my 75gal. I had to literally break them off my LR. They are actually tiny little feather duster. I find them anoying compareto the large tube feather duster.
If you dont break them they will cover all the rocks.

D

dshin1

so. from what i read i can't get rid of them. well anyway thanks guys. al least i know what these things are.

prk543

an army of blue legged hermits may control the population of those "mini dusters" they did take care of all my my dusters.
-prk543