live rock ? thinking about buying some.

xtyx

There is a guy locally selling live rock he removed from his tank after running it for a few years for 2 bucks a pound. Is it still live rock since it is just sitting in a bucket now? If I bought some and recured it could I add it to my tank without any problems?

poop_head

If it has been sitting dry for any amount of time it is dead now. You would add it with out any problems but it would take a while to seed it again. You should look into making your own also. I made like 95% of the live rock in my ten gallon with a little live rock to seed it.

xtyx

2 bucks a pound a good price? At least it looks nice. Corals would still grow on it while it was seeding again right? Would I still want to put it in a seperate container and let it recure?

gmford1979

yeah, it would be fine as long as you cured it before adding it to your tank. may need to scrub it down good.

tperk9784

Originally Posted by xtyx
There is a guy locally selling live rock he removed from his tank after running it for a few years for 2 bucks a pound. Is it still live rock since it is just sitting in a bucket now? If I bought some and recured it could I add it to my tank without any problems?
2 bucks a pound is usually a good price for rock. If I were you and you like the shapes of the rock. buy it stick it in a rubbermaid container with a powerhead and a heater for a few weeks and it should be fine.