Live Rock

newsalt16

Originally Posted by PrevWon
Ok cool, so just scrub it and try to get all of the died off material off and then put it in my tank before I begin the cycle and by the time my cycle is over it will be fully cured?
no one has said this yet but depending on how much die off u have your tank may stink really bad!!! Mine did and turned all black too. Has anyone else had this?

ophiura

Originally Posted by Thoroughbred
. Kick that "maintenance" guy to the curb.

That's the answer, right there.
Having said that, I apparently am in the wrong business.

larryndana

Originally Posted by ophiura
thats what i was thinking, maybe time to do some maintance.

1journeyman

Originally Posted by ophiura
Want to open a Franchise? You can have the Houston area, I'll take the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex?
Seriously, there should be some form of oversight to businesses dealing with live creatures. (Hmm... maybe that could be a business in itself)

dinks

Originally Posted by larryndana
thats what i was thinking, maybe time to do some maintance.
LOL....if you lived in KC MO you would make a TON. There is a huge upscale area about 10m from me, that this guy services, he does them weekly, some bi and they have HUGE custom made aquariums....I mean HUGE. Let's put it this way, these are MULTI million dollar homes....and this guy is racking it in. (He told me) He charges $65.00 just to show up at your door and take out a lil water!
NO, I don't live in that area
I live on the outskirts in a fixer upper on a few acres of land, a horse, and 7 dogs. These people would freak with a kennel in their community

dinks

larryndana

Originally Posted by dinks
LOL....if you lived in KC MO you would make a TON. There is a huge upscale area about 10m from me, that this guy services, he does them weekly, some bi and they have HUGE custom made aquariums....I mean HUGE. Let's put it this way, these are MULTI million dollar homes....and this guy is racking it in. (He told me) He charges $65.00 just to show up at your door and take out a lil water!
NO, I don't live in that area
I live on the outskirts in a fixer upper on a few acres of land, a horse, and 7 dogs. These people would freak with a kennel in their community

dinks
someone could charge half that....take all his business....and make a ton of money.
:cheer:
:happyfish

mrinelfrlz

ok my question is
i have 52lbs of LR in my 75gal right now and am getting 50lbs more and im ordering it from this site i already have a few fish and corals,2 shrimps
i dont want to cause another cycle so im going to cycle them in a container
this is what i have now
rubber maid container 31gal
x2 power heads 250 gph
a protein skimmer
all my water is now RODI water (finally got a system)
anyways how long should i leave them in the container
thanks