Live sand prepackaged other experience

skrimpz

My mother went shopping w/o me which i never like anyway i have been wanting switch from cc to sand and have gradually been taking out the cc anyways she brought home some sand and this is it. My question is i wanted finer sand is this ok will have have to stir this or something. Anyone know? Thanx

jonny bolt

Thats great stuff. Arag Alive is top notch. You can buy Arag-Alive finer than that. Another thing you can do to, is mix the arag-alive with some cheaper Aragamax, which is sugar fine.

bovetek

I'm gonna switch from CC to the Live Argonite. Should I remove all the CC or can I just put the live sand right on top. Right now my sand bed is about 1/2" as advised by the LFS.(which I read here somewhere that that is not enough)

skrimpz

Will me clean up cerew like this as much as finer sand I dont wanted them to strach themselves or anything:eek: :eek:

bovetek

thanks Skrimps.
That's kinda what I thought too
I just hope my mandarine will be ok till the little creepy crawly things get their numbers up again

skrimpz

Well I just put it in today any them seem to like it , it looks so much better than the cc looked and the hermits seem to be able to walk just fine on it. Heres a pic i just took

skrimpz

Another and when my mom got the sand she got these tiny hermits i dunno why im sure the cc star will try to eat them

fishieness

i have crushed coral, i would have got live sand but chose the coral because i always wanted some type of jawfish. I have an orange spotted sleeper goby thats realy cool. i enjoy watching him move the coral around and dig holes for him and my eel. I might put in some live sand though just to help with the biological aspect.