Live White Shrimp vs. Live Ghost Shrimp

sprieto

Has any one heard of live white shrimp?
According to another web site, they both are good supplementary diet for fish like lions and puffers. (White and Ghost shrimp)
The difference is white shrimp are marine (salt water) and ghost shrimp are freshwater.
I have found ghost shrimp at the LFS but no one seems to have white shrimp.
I did find 1 LFS that hade "marine" feeder shrimp (I think they where white shrimp), but they are a little large for my baby lion and puffer I have.
I WISH THIS WEB SITE SOLD LIVE FEEDER SHRIMP (sorry, just a request to any one in marketing or sales who might be reading these links).
Any opinions on this, just curious on what other people think.
Thanks.

snipe

There is a website that sells them you just have to search for them. Dont feed freshwater shrimp that wont help at all.

sprieto

Is freshwater shrimp really bad?
Like, really bad for humans to eat fast food everyday, or really bad like eating poison?

snipe

It can kill the fish over time. It is something to do with the fat clogging something and killing the fish. It basically comes down that isnt what there used to eating in the wild.

mudplayerx

What Snipe said. Ghost shrimp (and other freshwater critters) are not good for marine fish to eat. It stems from the fact that the ghost shrimp feed on things that are freshwater, and so on down the line. What this amounts to is your marine fish isn't getting the nutrients found in its native habitat.

snipe

Go to your local saltwater food retailer and buy shrimp from them also squid silversides and crab meat will work. If they want meat any type of saltwater meat would work.

sprieto

Thanks for the response.
That actually is the web site I found them on.
I WISH THIS WEB SITE CARRIED SUCH ITEMS!
My LFS doesn't have them either, and I hate to pay the shipping charges on snacks!
Thanks again.

snipe

Well unfortantly this post will most likely be deleted.
Posting links to other sites is agains the rules out of respect to the owners of this board. If you remove the link posted then nothing will happen but if its left there the mods will delete it and lock the post.

sprieto

I do not think Harial knew about the posting other sites rule.
Still IT WOULD HELP IF ADMIN PEOPLE FROM THIS SITE GAVE US A BETTER METHOD TO COMMUNICATE, MAKE REQUESTES, OR IN GENERAL BETTER MARKETING THROUGH THE NEEDS OF CONSUMERS!
Sorry, just hope someone out there is listening.......

snipe

I know he probly didnt know that is why I posted it. He only has 9 posts and most ppl dont read the user agreement.

mudplayerx

Funny thing is, I kept ghost shrimp in my freshwater tanks. It was this little critter that pushed me over the edge and made me start saltwater tanks.