LiverockAmount/tank

pitbull01

Howdy,
For all of you who have 55 gallons reefs, could you post some pics of them and tell me how many pounds of rock you have total? Thank you sooo much!!
-Adam

motohead

i dont think you can have too much liverock.unless you put so much in that you no longer have any water.
i just added 40 lbs to mine yesterday for a grand total of 200 lbs in a 100 gallon.i like rock.

pitbull01

Wow Motohead, thats a lot of rock!! I already have some rock but I was thinking about getting 60 lbs of caribbean live rock. So total that would be about 80 pounds of live rock in a 55 gallon...will this be enough to get a normal reef look?
-Adam

pitbull01

Oh, WOW! I didnt realize that! Your tank looks very good for only being 4 weeks old!! Keep up the great work!!
-Adam

motohead

i personally like to see rock stacked from the bottom of the tank all the way to the top all the way across the length of the tank.also allows you to have a bunch more spots to place corals.here is a pic of mine i took this weekend.

motohead

there is also a thread on this page titled new rock and tank pics that encompasses the whole look of the rock.

hot883

Here's my humble attempt. It has 40 lbs. LS (white) and 15 lbs. of Black with around 65 lbs. of LR. The tank is at about week 7.

pitbull01

VERY NICE EVERYONE!! Hey, motohead, how many pounds of rock would you estimate for a 55 gallon to have your style of rock?
-Adam

edwar050

My tank looked alot like yours madd1. I was having a hard time with flow and dead spots so i put 1/2 my rock in the refugium.