Local Fish Stores

rs1831

New Hampshire
Seaworld and Aqua Addicts in Salem
Plymouth pet & aquarium in Plymouth
All 3 are great stores. Both places in Salem sell live rock for $6 per lb.

drewsta

Dallas/Fort Worth Texas
1) Randy's Fish Warehouse
2) Saltwater Paradise
3) Franks Tanks
4) Tranquil Scape
5) Exotic Fish

ak_reefer

There are 2 Seattle area stores I visit and they are both excellent.
Saltwater City in Bellevue
Blue Sierra in Issaquah

payton 350

In ILLINOIS
i like Beyond the reef in i believe hoffman estates
and in schaumburg Advanced Aquatics....
.stay away from Aquarium Adventure.in HOffman...poor quality fish ...tanks stink ...and very sick...

crazyzeus1

Originally Posted by Drewsta
Dallas/Fort Worth Texas

1) Randy's Fish Warehouse
2) Saltwater Paradise
3) Franks Tanks
4) Tranquil Scape
5) Exotic Fish

WOW!!! I've never heard of any of those places! Thanks for recommending those!!!!

vinnyl

Originally Posted by victoria
Fort Lauderdale area Good shops..my experience
World of Tropical Fish: SERVICE #1 Scott offers Excellent Service and is a joy to work with, Dependable, helpful and not all about the $. Highly recommend.
Old Interocean: New name and owner, he helped me out in an emergency, great guy with great coral selection as well. He is all about quality.
Coral Seas Pets (Knowledge and experience, he lives aquaria)
Brand new shop Coral Reef Farm Aquatics in Hollywood...very kewl, rare coral collection
will be huge, started by a guy from Reefs Edge
JAWZ.net Very nice selection of corals at very reasonable prices, helpful
Nemo's: Great deals on frags
Exotic Aquatic: Nice but bad advice given a few times(not by owner). Healthy corals though.
Also, a new shop opening Dixie and Commercial Living Reef Aquarium Luis (had warehouse spot).
Victoria.... I'd love to get the address to some of this places... vinnyl2006@gmail.com ...Tks

brendap

Knoxville Tennessee
The Aquarium off Papermill Drive - outstanding service and they know their stuff!
Coral Reef on Kingston Pike - same!

bret61081

Originally Posted by victoria
Fort Lauderdale area Good shops..my experience
World of Tropical Fish: SERVICE #1 Scott offers Excellent Service and is a joy to work with, Dependable, helpful and not all about the $. Highly recommend.
Old Interocean: New name and owner, he helped me out in an emergency, great guy with great coral selection as well. He is all about quality.
Coral Seas Pets (Knowledge and experience, he lives aquaria)
Brand new shop Coral Reef Farm Aquatics in Hollywood...very kewl, rare coral collection
will be huge, started by a guy from Reefs Edge
JAWZ.net Very nice selection of corals at very reasonable prices, helpful
Nemo's: Great deals on frags
Exotic Aquatic: Nice but bad advice given a few times(not by owner). Healthy corals though.
Also, a new shop opening Dixie and Commercial Living Reef Aquarium Luis (had warehouse spot).
I am curious as to where World of Tropical fish is? Ive never heard of that one. IMO the best in Ft Laud is Exotic Aquatic. I ONLY deal with Rob the owner, whatever you want to know he can tell you or he will find out for you within a day or so. ive never really had a good experince at Coral Seas...and I HATE the fact that they smoke in there! ewww!! Going to Check out Coral reef farm tomorrow, but Ive heard great things about it so far...Ill have to get up there and check out the other one there on Commercial...Another good one worth mentioning although their prices have gone up a lot lately is Reefs Edge in Davie. Very nice fish and corals...ANd how can you not Mention The Amusement park of Big Als! quality sucks but its still a pretty cool store!

120reefer

Originally Posted by chilwil84
south jersey - Ocean Aquarium
Wow.. no way. Thats the LFS i used to use back in the day for fish! I order all my fish from the net now.. but still get a lot of dry goods there. Where you from chilwil?

fishguy84

Originally Posted by dchec2100
CONNECTICUT:

:happyfish Fin and Feather (Groton)
:happyfish Pet-O-Rama (Queen St, Southington)
Any CT residents know of any other good ones? How about other states?
I'll add West hartford (forget the name though
)
Emmon's - Simsbury
Western MA

Coral Reef - Southwick (GREAT advice- talk to the guy with sideburns)
Aqua Dreams - Feeding Hills (bit expensive sometimes, but great LR)
Fish Frenzy - Indian Orchard (mostly fresh, nice looking reef tank though, LOW prices -at least for repeat buyers, lol- and a lot of great advice)
James Tropical - IO... used to be good :mad:

rkmayphd

Southeastern OH-
Belpre Aquarium in Blepre
and
Fish "n" Stuff in Marietta. They are owned by the same people, and are very helpful.

mag395

I love south Florida, so many good stores and the prices are great.
Oh, by the way, the Old Interocean is now called Carribean Reef Aquariums, but the sign isn't up yet. He is having his grand opening this weekend (June 30 - July 2nd). All livestock and corals are 10% off! Also, he said he was going to have great deals on equipment this weekend also. NW Corner of Federal and Copans if anyone's interested.

snccoulter

Utah
Mountain Shadows Marine in Bountiful he is not open during the day much since they run a large tank care facility for most of the corporations in the SLC area but they know their stuff and are quit fair on prices. They also has a lot of used equipment and will deal on. They is also the local distributor for the rest of the LFS. I have never had a problem with their fish or advice.