location of 3rd powerhead in a 90 gallon

krishj39

I have a 90gallon tank with two powerheads. I have a 1200 maxi-jet on the left and a 900 maxi on the right. I have a 3rd maxi and would like to add it to the tank. Where should I add it? Should I have all three on the back wall? Or should I keep the two in the back corners and put the 3rd on the right side glass? Does it make any difference? Since I'm sure lots of you have 90 gallon tanks, I'm wondering what you guys have found most successful. I have lots of LR, so I don't really have the space to experiment with different locations because that means re-arranging my tank every time.

gq

For great water movement one thing you may want to think about is placing the other two power heads on each side of the tank one on the left and the other on the right(Facing Each Other) and then placing that 3rd powerhead on the back wall of your tank!

clarkiiboi

Maxi's blow a constant current in one direction right? If so, I agree, place 1 on the left side and 1 on the right, add the 3rd to the back glass down low, behind the rocks some (if possible) to eliminate dead spots back there and forcing water to the front to bounce off the front glass. HTH