Long Horn Cow Fish

cells

My LFS has 2 longhorn cow fish right now. They are the most adorable thingy!
I know they need at east 125g tank and will release toxin when they die which might kill all the inhabitants. But has anyone kept one or is keeping one right now? What are your experiences with it?
Thanks

scotts

Believe it or not this question has been asked many times before (well maybe not many, but at least twice) I would suggest doing a serch for cowfish and you will see them. Look for cowfish in the subject of the thread. There is a member called cowfish, so you get to see all of his posts.
Bascially they are peaceful and fun fish. Lots of personality. Mine comes up to me everytime I get near the tank. Even when I walk by the tank he follows me. Reef safe? I this this is still up in the air. Mine is fine so far, but then he is still small. Toxins? Again this is still up in the air. A poll was done about this. Most people did not have problems, however one guy had a problem and thinks it was his cowfish.
It is actually how fast they can swim. Fast when you consider what they are shaped like and they only have the two fins to move around with. Stanley hold his own when it comes feeding time.
Scott

cells

Thanks for your info Scott. How big is your tank? Man, I so wanna get one. Not now, but when I have a bigger setup.

scotts

Sorry dude, I just saw your reply. Well once again I bought Stanley on impulse (pre swf.com days) I have a 60 gallon. He seems happy in there now, but then again he is only about 1" long. In fact when I first got him he did not have his horns. FYI, my wife has NO interest in the tank. However when she saw the cowfish in the tank, she walked up to the tank to look at him. He cam over to her and she said "Hello Stanley how are you doing?" She named him right on the spot. The only fish in our tank that has a name.
I, unfortuantely, know that he will outgrow our tank. Depending on how her job goes we will either upgrade at that time or have to donate Stanley to the local aquarium. She is the breadwinner in the family and works for a start up company. Potential for good money, or food stamps.
Scott

scotts

They have a cowfish look alike at our lfs. It looks like a cowfish with armor. I would love to get it. But we already have Stanley.
Scott