long island/5 boroughs ? ? ?

fishamajig

did you bother to test the tap water after the filter for phosphates or sillicates? I think you can do this with a salifert test kit although i am not sure i suspect that there is something bad in the water causing the blooms. remember our water gets pumped out of the ground so there can be heavy metal deposits and for sure nitrates already in the water.

jjspati

ive tested for nitrates before on our water and the tester didnt show any trace of nitrates. maybe there are just small negligible amounts. i should test the filtered tap water though, your right. but im sure its still not filtered as well as an ro/di unit will get it right?

fishamajig

I am looking for some mushroom frags. does anyone have any?
the lfs wanted to charge me like $30 for some really unhealthy looking stuff. would rather to give the $$$ to a hobbyiest. i know how expensive it can get.

lfd-143

I have some red mushroom frags. I don't want $$ I would like to trade. What do you have? And what town do you live in?

fishamajig

nothing yet waiting for my light. so i want to start with some shroom frags. sorry nothing to trade yet, but i am in rocky point. but my office is in ronkonkoma.

scottwol27

IAm from long island too....WE go to a place called south shore tropicals in lindenhurst...or i also like pet experince in levittown....or right off sunrise highway pet warhouse is pretty nice....
Scottwolling27@hotmail.com
I'm intrested in buying tihngs for my newly put up 20 gal long..if anyone is selling ANYTHING...please drop a line at my email....ANYTHING...thanks

fishamajig

Aqua hut in coram is having a killer sale on crocea clams. I think they got in like 20 of them. hope they last long enough for them to sell em. wish i had the lights so i could grow a clam. well i am not sure of the price but i know he got em and i am sure they are reasonable.

scottwol27

since everyone here is from LI or the bourrous...anyone selling anything...or got anything they would like to get rid of....anyone want to talk about their tanks....trying to make convo here...lol
if anything let me know...
thanks
scottwolling27@hotmail.com

fishamajig

yea I want to get rid of some d.j. equipt. i see that you are a dj. do you have any thing to sell get rid of ? I am trying to rase $$$ for my new light hood. The one i saw was 60 inches long with 2 daylight 2 atinic and moonlight led's. priced at $300.00. my wife would have my head if i just went out and bought it:nervous:

fishamajig

do you think they would be interested in (2) sl 1200's with scratch needles? i have them for sale for like $400 let me know.

demican

I Drove 30miles To Aquahut B/c I Read They Had The Best Prices Around. Thank God Everyone Was Wright. For A Small Store They Had A Good Selection Of Fish And Merchandise. And The Prices Were Compatible To Internet Pricing. It Was My First Time In The Store, But I Assumed From This Forum That I Was Speaking To Don The Owner. He Was A Really Nice Guy That Seemed To Appreciate The Fact That I Did My Fish Research Before I Bought Any Fish.
I Was In Aquarium Adventure The Day Before And Walked Out In Disgust At What They Were Charging, Even With There Bull%^$# Membership. I Was Also In Petswarehouse In Copaigue, I Bought My Tank There. I Was Not Really Impressed With The Store Itself, There Were Leaks In The Roof And They Had A Poor Selection Of Aquarium Products.i Do Have Store In My Neighborhood Im Not Sure Of The Name But In The Plainview Shopping Center, Its A Nice Store But The Merchandise Is Pricey.
In Conclusion:
I Will Be Visiting Don At Aquahut For All My Big Purchases.

grandmarm

hi,
in reference to aqua hut in coram, we walked out of that store - they were very nasty about a exchange will never go there again. we have a 90 gallon reef tank, so we are always buying supplies but not from aqua hut. but good luck.
the pet warehouse owners are very nice since we have brought in some of our overgrown coral they now always give us a discount.

fishamajig

wow this thread is old. I have had personal success with aqua hut but I can understand them bieng a bit snippy at times. but all in all a good store. you got to watch out with the fish you buy there cause often they can have ich. just be careful with what you buy and take the staff's attitude with a grain of salt and it can be a great store.
lotts of fittings too!!!