andramir82

55G
350 biowheel
302 PH
I just recently completed the cycle and bought
12 black snails...(on special)
1 CB Shrimp
1 Long nose butterfly...
He's been good for two days now and when i wake up this morning i find him stuck on the powerhead... i dont know how long he was there, but I quickly unplugged the PH and he swam away w/ the mold of the power head on the side of his body.
He's not swimming like he use to, fed him today and seems to be eating but right side fin doesnt seem to function. Staying still most of the time... is he going to die on me?
Oh... and the snails are dying one by one.. is that normal? Water tests seem to be fine. Trates around "20" thats about it.
ADVICE PLZ!!!
p.s... CB shrimp shed his entire exoskeleton!! found it stuck to the filter... pretty cool stuff! first time seeing anything like that!

it's chuck

what are your exact readings?(SG and temp included) unfortunatly I don't think this is going to end well. Butterflys are some of the more sensitive fish and generally require an established aquarium to do well

andramir82

He died... probably got stuck while sleeping...
Coral banded is fine and 4 snails as well.. i'll get another fish next weekend.

oceanlover

Let your new aquarium cycle some before you get another delicate fish. Butterflies like established live rock and stable tank parameters.

srfisher17

Originally Posted by OceanLover
http:///forum/post/2781107
Let your new aquarium cycle some before you get another delicate fish. Butterflies like established live rock and stable tank parameters.
Yeah, a butterfly is not a good first fish. Get your feet wet with some much hardier species; just ask for advice on this forum and do some serious reading. The longnose, being so thin, probably had his internal organs beat up by the suction of the PH.

cranberry

Healthy fish do not get stuck to normal pHs. He was going to die anyway and was weak enough to get pulled in.