long term stocking question

nickyblase

Hi all -
I've got a 65 fish only semi-aggressive tank that I'm looking for insight on long term stocking. Here's what's in there now:
5" (or so) Picasso Trigger
3" or so Juvi Koran Angel
1 Green Chromis
2 "3 stripe" Damsels
I am interested in adding in
1) Flame Angel, and
2) either a tang (yellow, purple, or Hippo), -or- Foxface Lo and
3) either a sixline wrasse -or- a maroon clown -or- a small spotted toby.
Is this too much fish for my tank????

E

exile415

are you looking foward to upgrade tanks ? because you won't be able to keep that juvi koran angel in a 65g. he won't be happy. he should be in a 100+ gallon aquarium. if you get rid of the koran. picasso already outgrew your tank, look into a bigger tank like a 125g or 180. or you can get rid of the other fish

nicetry

I'll agree. No triggers, large angels, foxface, or tangs will do well long term in that sized system. Actually, with the chromis and damsels, add the six line, flame angel and maroon clown and call it a day. Your tank will be stocked right and you won't have issues with crowding.
It's not a large tank so avoid large fish and always consider the adult size of the fish you plan to keep in your "current" sized tank, not a proposed upgrade, which may not happen.

nickyblase

I was hoping that wouldn't be the answer. I got the Trigger from a local club member who had to break down his tank, and the Koran was a similar thing. They both seem to be pretty happy, and have great personalities, so I would be VERY sad to see them go. I don't really have the money to get a larger setup now - how long do you think they can hold out in this size tank if I keep my water params good and don't add anything else for livestock?