Longhorh Cowfish, anyone have one?

imaburch

Hey everyone I was wondering if anyone has a longhorn cowfish? Have you had good luck whith it? I am being told that I should take back the one I just got for christmas and they are a bad idea for a 55 gal. tank. Any thoughts or advice would be greatful.

madman133

Also are lethal to everything else in the tank if they die. and also their skin is poisonous when stressed.

D

dboy999

i had a LH cowfish way back for 1 year was the best fish great personality...then out of no where started eating everything corals leather other fish tails..becoame a crazy man overnight was strange..but if you have a fish only tank id recomend one ..like i said cool personality

imaburch

Well I still don't know what to do. I talked to the LFS and they seemed to think he will be fine. I told my 6 year old son about the thought of getting ride of Carl (cowfish) and he was very,very upset( he picked him out). I am still trying to decide, but now I have some kind of brown algaestarting in the front of the tank!!! Could I be leaving my lights on too long?

robpsca

We have a cowfish in our 55g doing just fine but going to upgrade to bigger tank later hopefully before he gets too big and heard if one dies and you catch it right away and get it out of the tank it wont kill your other fish.

promisetbg

Something happened to mine the other day,I'm still not sure what.But he was definately dieing..I got scared for my other fish and took him out.It was terrible.