Longnosed Butterfly

delira5cal

Quick Question Today I Bought A Feather Duster And My Long Nosed Butterfly Seems To Kind Of Messing With It, Do You Think It Is Just Checking It Out Or Will He Ruin It. I Also Got Some More Snails And He Keeps Picking At Them?

xtech

some long nosed butterfly's are great for things like aptasia and worm control,long nose beneficial to pick things out of rock,downside is they will eat other things as well ie:featherdusters........

unleashed

Originally Posted by xtech
some long nosed butterfly's are great for things like aptasia and worm control,long nose beneficial to pick things out of rock,downside is they will eat other things as well ie:featherdusters........
I keep a pearlscale butterfly in my reef works wonderful for aipasia .we decided to get another type of butterfly for my refuge to control aiptasia so we went with a threadfin.oii was that a booboo.I had 10 frags of purple xania growing in the fuge and a few aiptasia well unfortunatly it liked the xanias more it ate all my xania frags before it would eat the aiptasia.most butterfly species are NOT reef safe