Look at what i brought home today!

puffer32

I also have some great orange zoos but they are still closed, I didn't get the Midas today, but this is her photo debut also
I also got a frag of pink and silver echino to see how it would do under T5'S. I will post a pic of that when I get a pic of the new zoos.

monalisa

Hey Puffer!! It's so great to see you again!!
Wow, looks like things are really coming along great. Can't wait to see what you do with this tank...I know it'll be awesome!!
Keep us posted.
Lisa :happyfish

puffer32

Originally Posted by MonaLisa
Hey Puffer!! It's so great to see you again!!
Wow, looks like things are really coming along great. Can't wait to see what you do with this tank...I know it'll be awesome!!
Keep us posted.
Hey long time no talk! Hows things??? Yep we are pretty excited about this tank, its looking real good thanks

drewsta

I love the Powder Blue I would personally get a powder brown but hey he looks awesome
Congratz

puffer32

I believe the browns get bigger. tank is only a 150, If I had a bigger tank I would have wanted a tang of every color

drewsta

just watch your water quality they are extremely delicate and require perfect water

p.s. Did you get him from pet-o-rama?

mark_d

my last batch of LR came with a single one of those zoo's in ur first pic! what are they called? also, how long do they stay closed like that? (mine looks just like em but under certain lights, green spots appear on the top)

puffer32

Originally Posted by Drewsta
just watch your water quality they are extremely delicate and require perfect water

p.s. Did you get him from pet-o-rama?
Actually from Saltwater paradise, been eyeing him for weeks. But i was not about to buy a tang, went to pick up an "extreme" coral. I will keep an eye on water quality, I am a stickler about water changes, 30 gal every 2 weeks! Any other tips?

puffer32

Originally Posted by mark_D
my last batch of LR came with a single one of those zoo's in ur first pic! what are they called? also, how long do they stay closed like that? (mine looks just like em but under certain lights, green spots appear on the top)
That is not a zoo, its a lavendar mushroom. Easy to keep. Whats your lighting?

puffer32

Originally Posted by mark_D
Here's an example of 2 mushrooms, the one in front is fully open, the one behind I just glued to the same rock, hasn't extended yet.

And heres one with spots when its fully opened.

Might take afew days and decent lighting to open all the way like these are.

puffer32

If it doesn't open fully in a week, move it down to lesser light, they don't like a ton of light or to much flow, good luck!

drewsta

I really like Saltwater Paradise however I hate the owner he has no personality and when he does he's very rude. So I boycott that store by not shopping there. I do like their selection of corals at extreme corals however they are overpriced IMO.

puffer32

eah his extreme corals are high, very nice stuff though, he let us in the back room to view everything, very impressive! His reg store prices are ok, 35.00 for anything on the floor, some good deals, some not I beleive i got the PB at a good price though. But you are right he has no personality, but has never been really rude to us.
BTW, I think you waited on us afew months back. We came into RFW and were looking at the LR and you weighed afew of the pieces, to large so we didn't buy any, you offered (or someone did) to order us some smaller stuff. Very nice service.

monalisa

Originally Posted by puffer32
Hey long time no talk! Hows things??? Yep we are pretty excited about this tank, its looking real good thanks

Hi again Puffer. Things are pretty good here. I'm in the process of guiding my daughter (Lolly1 on this board) with setting up her new 55 gallon. It's just now through the cycle (actually parameters have been very stable for about 3 weeks already) and she's looking to add a fuzzy dwarf lion hopefully next weekend.
So with this tank, are you planning on going reef again? I remember that your in-wall at your previous residence was reef and looked incredible. My tank (little 37gal) is just about at capacity. I'm planning on getting one more coral, a lobo brain, and maybe...just maybe a clam since my upgrade to MH lights. We'll see.
Keep us posted, 'kay?

puffer32

Originally Posted by MonaLisa
Hi again Puffer. Things are pretty good here. I'm in the process of guiding my daughter (Lolly1 on this board) with setting up her new 55 gallon. It's just now through the cycle (actually parameters have been very stable for about 3 weeks already) and she's looking to add a fuzzy dwarf lion hopefully next weekend.
So with this tank, are you planning on going reef again? I remember that your in-wall at your previous residence was reef and looked incredible. My tank (little 37gal) is just about at capacity. I'm planning on getting one more coral, a lobo brain, and maybe...just maybe a clam since my upgrade to MH lights. We'll see.
Keep us posted, 'kay?
Yep, reef tank again, larger scale this time, but only cause hubby is into it now also.I will keep you posted

I think its great your daughter is interested in the hobby, I had 6 tanks going at once while my kids were growing up, they never showed any interest, even now that they are older. I took a video of the new house, most of it was the of tank, when I went home to Pa last week for youngest's graduation, they fast forwarded most of the tank part! Gppd luck to you and your daughter!

blue20051

Awww, i wanted that PBT from saltwater paradise
lol. I saw one that was in there tank for about a few weeks now but i havent had the chance to go up there.
GL with that PBT!!!

drewsta

Originally Posted by puffer32
eah his extreme corals are high, very nice stuff though, he let us in the back room to view everything, very impressive! His reg store prices are ok, 35.00 for anything on the floor, some good deals, some not I beleive i got the PB at a good price though. But you are right he has no personality, but has never been really rude to us.
BTW, I think you waited on us afew months back. We came into RFW and were looking at the LR and you weighed afew of the pieces, to large so we didn't buy any, you offered (or someone did) to order us some smaller stuff. Very nice service.
I am pretty sure I remember you guys I hope your tank is going well