look what i did....

J

jesses89

ive always wanted a dwarf angelfish... well last week i saw two at the LFS that i had to have... prettiest ones of there kind ive ever laid eyes on... well i had to have atleast one... so i chose the Coral beauty one.. brought it home... i kept thinking about the other one, an Eblii angel.... so knowing how everyone advises NOT too put two of these in the same tank because they will kill each other.. i went an bought it anyways... the day after i bought the CB.. i went to get the Eblii..... i acclimated it.... then put it in... id turn the lights off everytime theyd see each other... then just leave the lights on on one side... turn them off when they saw each other... turn the lights on on the other side of the tank... then turned em off again when they saw each other again... i did this for about 3 hours.... and guess what? it worked............ 2 weeks later... they dont even fight or anything... my yellowtang chases them more than they do each other....
Why are these fish given such bad reps against each? did i just luck out or something?
Here are some pics..

J

jesses89

Here are some more pics of my tank... i missed some things since they wouldnt come out for a pic...

J

jesses89

this is the best picture i could get of my sixline... why are they so hard to get a pic of?

joncat24

they may be ok....I have had a coral beauty and a flame angel together for over a year now with no problems at all in my 180.

J

jesses89

sixth of his? no i dont have a 30 gallon tank... this is a 75 gallon tank... i also have a 55 so if a problem does occur one will be going out.
dont hijack my thread please... take your flames somewhere else.
ty

joncat24

just keep an eye on them for a few days, and if there is a problem , move one like you said. But I think u will be ok....IMO

hot883

Very nice colors. Hopefully they get along ok.
As a helpful idea, whenever adding a new fish:
1. feed the current occupants
2. turn the lights off for the rest of the day
3. rearrange live rock some will help with territorial issues.
Good luck, keep us posted. Barry

threed240

I know what you mean about having two angels. I have seriously considered trading my CB for another CB and a Bi-color. Im not going to even try it but I have heard if you add them at the same time, they would get along. I might get two if I ever upgrade to a larger aquarium. Like say a 180+

adio_54

yea i just mixed 2 Angelfish yesterday and they get along great... i got a Emperor Angelfish and a Flame Angelfish for $100 bucks only reason i did this was cuz they were in the same tank already

J

jesses89

thanks for the tips guys..
theyre still getting along... they were both picking at a formula 2 frozen food square at the same time a little while ago.
and ill keep you posted

30-xtra high

you should thaw your food...
i doubt it'll last forever, i think the coral beauty is gunna kill the eibli in abouta month or two, and i like the eibli better btw
and adio, it worked because dwarf angels and large angels don't fight.

catawaba

Congrats!

I'd still keep an eye on them....just in case, but it sounds like you have a plan in case of issues.
I love the Eibli! My favorite small angel :cheer: I really like the way the edges of the fish 'glow'