Look what I found in my tank

misty7850

I found these baby's today, when I had taken a rock out of the main tank, and placed it in a bucket to inject the pest anemone's with kalkwasser, anywho, I saw these baby's, at first I thought they were fish, but the more I look at them the more they look like shrimp possibly ?, don't know what kind. I have peppermints, cleaners and camel.. anywho, I put them in my quarrentine tank.. the pictures aren't that good, but here thay are.. any ideas..

tronicsdr

They look like copepods to me... I have em by the thousands.... good free food for mandrins or targets... also a tremendous addition to your clean up crew I have a few that are big enough to carry of small pellets of food!!

dogstar

Ive been told there probly mysis shrimp. I have lots of them too. Check up in small crevices in your rock and you'll probly see more swimming around.

D

dogpoor

Looks like shrimp. My peppermints have been loading my tank and refugium with little ones. Tonight after you turn off the tank lights shine a flashlight in the tank aroung the rocks, little buggers will be all over the place.
Beginning to think I may need to seperate them or come up with shrimp birth control!!

misty7850

Tronicsdr Nope, I really don't think they are copepods, I have them also.. smaller ones and bigger..
Dogstar I looked up a picture of mysis shrimp... could be.. although some of the bigger ones, look like they have faint red strips like the peppermint (probably just wishful thinking.. I do look at my tank at night with a flashlight, but haven't this past week, I'll look again tonight with a flashlight to see what shows up..
shrimp birth control,,,, hmmmmm LOL