lookdown vs. Clown trigg

cdubbs

Ok so far my lookdown and trigger have been getting along, except for tonight during feeding. At first the lookdown was trying to bite the clowns tail, then after a few failed attempts the clown had enough and went after the lookdown. He would only make a quick move toward him and the LD being fast enough made it away every time. The LD stays at the top most of the time and the clown is at the bottom most of the time..So i think after a while they will get use to each others presence. Does anyone think i will have a problem with this combination? I am also going to add my SFE and maybe a puffer or something. I just dont wanna overload the tank all in one shot. So i am going to add slowely. Thanks in advance for any advice.

cdubbs

Oh yeah one more thing..It looks like these 2 are cr@pping more than any fish i have ever had.. i guess thats because they are the biggest..always scooping black logs out of the tank..

lion_crazz

Originally posted by CDubbs
Oh yeah one more thing..It looks like these 2 are cr@pping more than any fish i have ever had.. i guess thats because they are the biggest..always scooping black logs out of the tank..

That's nice (sarcasm)... :D
However, as far as your fish, I think they may learn to respect each other because you put them into the tank at the same time. I definitely would add the fish slow, and you should not have any problems.
By the way, where's the pics?

cubuffs

I own two lookdowns, so I am speaking from experience. Please don't add them with any trigger species. With mine, it was always defensive and swam sideways as a defense. It was constantly under attack, and was always stressed. Until I removed the trigger, he began to swim upright again.
In addition, at a local sushi place in Boulder, they had a pair of lookdowns in with a blueline trigger and the lookdown again swam sideways. However, it had also ran into the glass, so his head was bent as well. This was due to the trigger picking on him constantly.
With this said, please either remove the LD or take out the trigger due to stress levels and the possiblility of attacks. In addition, plan on upgrading the tank to at least a 700 gallon soon. The LD will get 18" in height in a few years.
cubuffs

pufferman

I'm actually surprised you actually managed to put those two in the same tank. Not the best combo in my opinion. I wouldn't have a single lookdown since they're schooling fish. They don't do well with aggressive triggers. Fortunately nothing catastrophic has happened yet. Good luck!