Looking at Sierra Spring water being delivered for my tank

wwfstyle

I was looking at their web site and for only like $16 a month I get a total of five 5 gallons of water plus a case of 1/2 liter of water. My question is do you think that it is a good idea to place any of these water types in my SW reef tank? They have 4 different types. Not sure which one to use. Sping water, Fluoridate water, Purified water, or Distilled water. I figured that if I do this it would force me to do more WC than usual and have decent water to drink. Thought that I would run this by others before introducing this idea to my wife. For $16 a month I think that it is a good deal. What do you guys think and which water should I use? Thanks Rick

techshredd

if ur going to spend 16 dollars a month for purified water just buy a ro/di unit it will pay for itself eventually ithink.plus u dont have to wait for thwater to be shipped .i think some people go to walmart and use the ro water there its 58 cents a gallon so thats a ccheaper way

denny80688

well if you were going to go that route you should take the distilled water. Spring water is no good for a tank. And when you say "five 5 gallons of water" is that 5 total gallons or 25? If its only 5 then its not worth it at all considering they sell distilled at walmart for under $0.60 a gal.

jennsimm

We used to get Culligan water delivered. It was 5.00 per 5g bottle. Well, I started picking it up so it would be cheaper at 4.00 per 5g. One day, I saw a customer filling their own bottle inside where you pay. I asked them about it. It is the same exact water that they use for the delivered water, but if you do it yourself, it is only 1.75 per 5g. That is a HUGE difference in price! I had to go get more water last week and asked them if they sold RO water. She told me.."well...that is what you have been drinking"! So...I have been paying .35 per gallon for RO water!! Pretty good in my book! I was actually going to post this on here to maybe help someone who didnt know!
Jenn:D

wwfstyle

Ya its 25 gallons total of water plus the case of 1/2 liters of bottled water (case of 24). My wife is becomeing a health freak and only drinking the bottled water. She pays about $12 for a case of 24 so I thought that I would introduce this to my wife by getting her water at only $4 more and on top of that getting 25 gallons for my tank. the problem I have on going to Wal-Mart is that my wife and I have diffent schedules. She works night and I'm legally blind so I cannt drive. So I thought that if I get it delivered to the house that would help me out alot. And when I set my mind in doing something like cleaning or doing a water change it is right then and there when I do it. So I dont have time on waiting for my wife to wake up and run me to the store. So you guys would do the distilled water then?

loodachris

You might just be better off getting an RO unit. You will pay a bit up front ( somewhere in the area of $75-$200++) but it will pay for itself down the raod. It may take a little while but the is much less hassle involved.