looking for 29 or 30 gal in West Texas

glinton

I live in Plainview, TX (45 mi north of Lubbock) and I am looking for a 29gal tank. If anyone has one for sale, let me know.

sistrmary

I have an Oceanic 25gal reef-ready (It doesn't have a glass top, yaknow that wonderful experience of getting *so* into working on the tank that you forget you're a dumbass and set the glass top down behind you? Probably not :mad: )
I also have a 30gal but it's an unknown brand with an ugly fibreboard stand that I saved from being a freshwater tank :D If you're interested I'll get pictures and figure out how to post them if you're interested in seeing them.
I live in Sweetwater btw (A bit over 3 hours away)

glinton

I would definitely be interested.
Post the pictures and I will look at them.
Is the 30gal still in good condition? What kind of light hood does each tank have?
Also, when you say the 25 gal is reef ready (excuse my ignorance) what exactly do you mean?
Thanks!

sistrmary

Sorry :D The 25 has a pre-drilled overflow for an undertank sump.
Both tanks are in excellent condition...the only drawback of the 30gal is that it looks like a freshwater system. It has the plastic tank hood with the cut-out for the lighting. (which is easily replaced for $15-20 dollars, but since it's been my Q-tank primarily with some live rock curing on the side, I've never really worried about it.)
Lighting is negotiable since I co-own a custom tank business. Whatever you're looking for I can get. (For cheap, we're not about marking things up through the roof) It just depends on what you want :D If you're going to a FOWLR system, then expensive lighting isn't needed and I can just give you one of my extra flourescent lights. But if you want corals, etc I can do that too for cost and shipping.

glinton

How much do you want for the 30gal with PC lighting (2x55) hood and a glass top?
Do you sell stands as well? If so how much?

sistrmary

Stands for the 30gal: Metal Stand runs around 75 before shipping.
Wood Stand runs about 150 before shipping.
1x36" 110w Power compact w/a black hood, reflector built-in around 160 before shipping.
Glass top about 20 before shipping.
(Shipping being the cost of it shipping to me, and we can meet somewhere in the middle. I have a friend that owns a pawn shop in Levelland and he could easily run it over there if you want to meet up in Levelland)
With a metal stand $325.00 for the complete set-up. With a wood stand it will run $400.00. Or with the stand that I have (and will get pictures of to show you) it would be $275.00 plus shipping...which will also go down exponentially without having to ship the stand.
The tank also includes (if you want) an H.O.T. Magnum with a Biowheel PRO 30 from Marineland and a Ebo Jager 100w heater.
There's also a pre-cultured 5" DSB with special grade 1-4mm live sand if you want for $50.00. If you don't want it, I can chunk it in one of my other tanks :D