looking for a 200 gallon tank

blknght

ok guys another dumb question i am looking for a 200 gallon tank but most places i have found so far that have tanks that bid are custom built and that is a little spendy and most people in the classifieds are too far away for me to pick up a tank is there anywhere online that sells just predrilled tanks and equiptment that i might be overlooking? here is my email so let me know please blknght1@juno.com

slick

Have you checked the trading and classifieds section on this board? There is usually someone selling a large tank in there. Also you may want to search on ----. Other than that you will have to just look around.

buzz

From what I have seen so far, most places don't stock tanks that size, because there isn't as much demand for them. You may have to have it made for you.
I don't know of anyplace that does anyway.

blknght

ok thanks guys finding one in the classifieds is pretty much not an option unless i wanna fly there and rent a uhaul and car to bring it home it seems sometimes like we are the only people in Montana area that have a sw tank LOL :(

slick

That is true, but I would still check it everyday until you decide where to have one made. You just never know. You might get lucky. One thing to remember also is even if you have it made you will still have to pay shipping.

buzz

Awesome prices, but from that area code, it's in Tennessee. That is potentially some heavy shipping costs.

almarktool

Oceanic,
Makes a 200 gallon tank that is RR,
it is 7feet x 24 x 24 , I picked mine up last augest,
there was talk off them discontinuing it but not 100% sure
Check with any of your local stores that carry oceanic
they should be able to make the phone call and see if they have any availble

blknght

my wife had a fit when i told her how much a 200 gallon tank would cost and now she said i could only do a 55 gallon tank :(
but on the plus side at least i talked her into another tank LOL she has her seahorses so now i can do my fish figuring on lions and eels

jarvis

Originally posted by blknght
my wife had a fit when i told her how much a 200 gallon tank would cost and now she said i could only do a 55 gallon tank :(
but on the plus side at least i talked her into another tank LOL she has her seahorses so now i can do my fish figuring on lions and eels

200gal down to a 55gal........She must wear the pants. At least she could let you get a little bigger tank. Push for a 90gal or 110gal.

blknght

she doesn't wear the pants but marriage is built on compromise i have been building a car in my spare time and with almost all our spare money so she got a tank so to get another tank i have to recarpet our house so i only have to carpet 2 rooms to get the tank so a good compromise

blknght

thanks jackie we are about to hit the ten year mark and we still are newlyweds even though we have 2 kids a mortage and all that you tell your husband for me that you are a great lady and to have survived all that together and he better hold tight to ya cause you sound like a great catch

blknght

very welcome Jackie;) but didn't mean to make you cry but you sound like a lady to ride the range with with excuse my montana sayings LOL take care