looking for a algae eating fish for a 75 and 46

mscarpena

I have a 75 gallon aquarium set up for over 6 years now and never had any algae issues what so ever. Now I know more, take better care, and have better equipment I am getting some hair algae. Go figure huh. I never used an RO, but bought one about 2 years ago and now that all I use. Also I have a turboflotor 1000 and have recently reduced my nitrates for 50 ppm to 0-2.5 range in both tanks. I really don't understand it. Also have better water flow and have recently upgraded to MH lighting. I think the addition on the MH lighting is what sparked it to grow. Well I am looking for a fish to eat it up. I have my types of snails, and algae blenny, and 10 scarlet reef hermits. I put in a rabbit fish and he eat most of it up, but then he started to eat my zoo's and paly's. I am looking for a fish that is 100% reef safe that will eat this stuff up. MY LFS has a kole tang and a powder blue tang. I had a powder brown tang for a few years a while back. My tank is not overstocked with fish I have 2 clowns, a butterfly, 3 small gobies, and a mandarin in my 75. My 46 has 2 clowns, a madarin, and 3 small gobies. Any help would be appreciated. I am getting rather aggrivated that this issue has risen after being in the hobby after this long. As said I just put a bunch of money into better equipment. Also I have started to use sea gel. I am thinking of getting a DI cartidge for my RO. If I can get rid of it by not adding an algae eating fish I am game for that, but I also have some caluerpa that I need eaten down as well. Thanks for any suggestions.