looking for a algea eating fish

rcoultas

I don't know that I would agree with that for two two reasons:
1: It depends on the type of algae you are trying to address - lawn mower blenny is best with hair type algaes
2: In a 29g tank with a six line and a mandarin you already have a lot of competition for the pods - the blennies also eat pods - you may create an issue of not having enough food (if not already an issue)
I think your best bet would be to go with the normal cleaning crew members - snails, emerald crabs...

anthropo

Originally Posted by rcoultas
I don't know that I would agree with that for two two reasons:
1: It depends on the type of algae you are trying to address - lawn mower blenny is best with hair type algaes
2: In a 29g tank with a six line and a mandarin you already have a lot of competition for the pods - the blennies also eat pods - you may create an issue of not having enough food (if not already an issue)
I think your best bet would be to go with the normal cleaning crew members - snails, emerald crabs...
if you want a fish the lawn mower is the way to go. if he wants inverts the way to go is a cleaning crew. lawnmower blennies don't eat pods though. while i don't think the mandarin should be in this tank, it won't have competition from the blenny.