Looking for a chiller

blue oasis

Hello everyone, my son has a 40gal seahorse tank and we are unable to get the temp. in the tank below 84, so here we are looking for a chiller.
Let me tell you a little about his set up. He has a Emperor 4000 dual bio wheel as his filter, we also have the back pack protein skimmer and a 3x 9watt UV Sterlizer.
Hope you can help.
G & T

terric

I have a Pacific Coast CL-280 1/10 HP inline chiller for sale. I just bought it in February for my 75 gallon aquarium, but I have to sell everything. It had no problem bringing my temps down from mid-80s to 75-76 degrees where I set it. It is quiet, too. I had it in my office about 6' from my desk and the humming when it ran was no problem. I wish I had bought it years earlier! I will sell it for $325 plus shipping. I still have the orginal box and the manual. Any questions, you can call my cell at 218-252-0171.
TerriC

blue oasis

TerriC, I want to thank you, but we picked up a 1/10 Coralife Chiller last night for $400.00 which included the UL 1800 pump from the LFS.
Thanks again
G & T

victoria

Hi Terric:
I've been considering a chiller for my 125 going through it's first summer, would yours be strong enough for mu 125?
Thank so much!
Originally Posted by TerriC
I have a Pacific Coast CL-280 1/10 HP inline chiller for sale. I just bought it in February for my 75 gallon aquarium, but I have to sell everything. It had no problem bringing my temps down from mid-80s to 75-76 degrees where I set it. It is quiet, too. I had it in my office about 6' from my desk and the humming when it ran was no problem. I wish I had bought it years earlier! I will sell it for $325 plus shipping. I still have the orginal box and the manual. Any questions, you can call my cell at 218-252-0171.
TerriC

terric

The CL-280 may work for a 125, especially if the room doesn't get too hot, but I think it is designed for 90 gal and less.
TerriC