looking for a nano sifter

dzhuo

i have a 10g nano with a pair of masked goby (both under 1.5") and i am looking for a sand sifter. i am not looking to add any snail or crabs. i want a small sand sifting goby. i have been researching for the twin spot goby. are they good choice for a nano? i have heard that they do better when keep in pair but i am afraid 4 fish in a 10g is pushing it. anyone keep a single twin spot goby? how is feeding? do they regularly take food or only eat what they find in the sand bed? thanks!

I

ivanfj

They are usually okay on feeding as long as the food falls to the bottom. Feed a wide variety of food then you would have better success. If you wanna keep them as a pair, make sure they are not fighting at all in the fish store. You can keep them in pair, but only if they are mated.
But IMO even adding one more fish, you might be pushing a bit. Do you run a skimmer or no??? A skimmer would help but still pushing.
Just curious about why no crabs and snails??? Cerith snails are great for flipping the sand and eating algae in the sand. I have a fighting conch, sand sifting starfish, and some cerith snails in my 20g nano and the sandbed stays clean all the time.

snipe

The star will most likely starve in such a small tank.
Since all you have is gobies I would say 2 more (nano) sized fish wouldnt hurt ppl keep pairs of clowns in a 10 gallon thats alot of fish.

dzhuo

so has anyone actually keep these fish? i want probably one but have heard that 2 would greatly increase the success chance.
thanks!