Looking for a protein skimmer that will fit...

nickmetcal

I have a 200 Gal DT with a large sump with a wet dry sytem/refugium, and external return pump. I have a protein skimmer, but it's too tall to fit under my tank. I only have 22" height total in the stand, and no way of doing a hang on the back thing.. I could do an internal skimmer, but the space in the sump where a skimmer may fit is only 4" wide x12" long. Water height is 6", total sump height is 16". So I"m having a very hard time finding anything that will fit my space that does well enough for a 200gal tank.
I have considered the AquaC urchin, because I think it will fit in the 4" space with the pump on the other side of the divider. but it isn't really rated high enough for that large of a tank. I though about doing two remoras, because they hang on the side of the fuge and I had one in the past and loved it.
Considering an external model, but don't want something that will ever cause overflow problems in any situation.
any options yo know of that will work please let me know! oh, and I have a limited budget... say under $400
Thanks!!

snakeblitz33

Why is your sump so tiny for such a large display tank? Have you taken into consideration water run off when you turn off your pumps? Putting a 20g tank on a 200g display tank is a disaster waiting to happen.
I feel like you would be better off going ahead and replacing your current sump with a custom made glass sump.
Why did you put such a large display tank on a 22" stand??
I'm afraid that you may have to start looking into HOB skimmers that fit on the side of your display tank. Reef Octopus makes some decent ones for the price.

acrylic51

HOB for that size tank......
Reef Octopus would be a far stretch IMO.....

Specifications:

• Item #: Diablo XS200 8" In Sump Protein Skimmer

• Tank Size: up to 200 Gallons