Looking for fish advice for my new 65 gallon

Seahorse51

Would the following be to much for a 65 gallon tank? Looking for a little variety and if I can add more, I'd love to hear some suggestions. -- Thanks in advance!

Here is what I'm thinking:
  • Kaudern's Cardinalfish (Bonded Pair)
  • Spotted Mandarin
  • Blood Red Fire Shrimp
  • Cleaner Shrip
  • Emerald Crab
  • Linckia Sea Star, Blue
  • Dwarf Colored Feather Duster

lmforbis

Drop the Linkia, it will die. They do poorly even in large established tanks.
Your tank is too small for a mandarin. They need a large very mature tank.
Otherwise your choices should be good.
I’d look into an assortment of snails and hermits as a cleaner crew

lmforbis

As long as you don’t want coral chocolate chip are good. Starfish and urchins need to be acclimated very slowly and do best in a fairly mature tank. I’d look at adding it a little later in the process.

lmforbis

I’d also recommend setting up a quarantine system. Nothing fancy, 10 gallon tank with a power head and a sponge filter or hang on the back filter and a few pieces of PVC pipe for the fish to hide in. Quarantining your fish for 4 weeks before adding them to your tank allows you to prevent diseases from getting into your system and it allows you to make sure the fish are eating well.

mr. limpid

I would also drop the feather duster. Unless you are will to target feed several times a day. You may want to add more fish, you have room.

Seahorse51

Ok, I went with two lightning clowns, a coral beauty, a golden head goby and two cleaner shrimp. Any advise on a cleanup crew?