Looking for help with my water

LordadamXXII

Im just starting my saltwater tank and have put the live sand in and the salt water in. The water is very cloudy and ive seen no difference in the thickness of the almost pure white color. Ive waited 3 hours and nothing has changed im not sure what to do. I would appreciate and tips or guidance towards getting the water clear and then also any tips or guidance as to where to head next after the water is established.

SALTWAT3RFISH

Administrator
Staff member
Words of wisdom. Nothing good happens fast in a saltwatet aquarium. The more patience you have in the beginning will greatly increase the fun and success in the future.

LordadamXXII

Add filter floss to your filter that should speed up the process and make it clear faster, what kind of filter and what size tank do you have?
I have a 10 gallon tank that i am starting to learn how to take care of a saltwater tank to then be able to go big scale. I have a 75 gallon aquarium that i want to do a saltwater reef tank for but i dont want to go so big and make all the beginners mistakes. I have just a regular freshwater power filter for a 20 gallon that i converted to fit the ten gallon. The water also cleared up a lot and now its visible to the back but has a little cloud but i hope it will go away soon.

Reefing_with_John

Administrator
Staff member
I have a 10 gallon tank that i am starting to learn how to take care of a saltwater tank to then be able to go big scale. I have a 75 gallon aquarium that i want to do a saltwater reef tank for but i dont want to go so big and make all the beginners mistakes. I have just a regular freshwater power filter for a 20 gallon that i converted to fit the ten gallon. The water also cleared up a lot and now its visible to the back but has a little cloud but i hope it will go away soon.

lmforbis

It takes a long time. You can use a filter sock so the outflow of your filter goes through it to clear the water. It works pretty good. Just don’t leave it there, clean in DI water and dry until you need it again.