Looking for ideas for a different canopy setup and pendant lighting

msd2

I have been struggling with my retro fitted canopy I currently have and to be honest im sick of it. I have an acrlyic tank and the only way I could get the existing canopy to work was to make a spacer which deadens about about 10 inches on top of the tank. The major problem is cleaning. Access is very limited, and to do any serious work I have tote off the extremely heavy canopy thats almost as tall as I am and then the spacer. Anyway I am lookin at ways to make my life easier and a more attractive option than what I have currently. I was thinking along these lines, two pendents suspended over the tank and a light simple spacer on top to reduce the amount of ambient light floating around as well as to put a few actinics and hide the plumbing.
I pretty much have everything I need as far as lights except the pendants themself. Does anyone know where I could possibly get the housing for something like this? I made a few quick sketches. Let me know what you all think!! The first pic would be how the tank looks facing it. the second would be inside the spacer with a few actinics and the moonlights.

thegrog

Are you talking about something like this? Made it for my old 55. Never seen anyplace that sells them. Worked great.

msd2

yes that is the design I am talking about! I can make the spacer thats not a problem but my hm are not encased so I need something to put them in for hanging. Any ideas?