Looking for ideas to upgrade stock equipment on my 3g jbj pico

nano-newb1983

i have had my pico up and running for few months now and all i got in it is LR and sand. I have been keeping up on cleaning it and all that good stuff and now i wanna focus on this tank for a bit
Im looking for ideas on a new filter and light. I dont wanna go spending $100's on this, just stuff good enough too keep my zoas and maybe acans
Looking forward to some ideas
thanks
mark

nikesb

a par 38 bulb would be awesome for this tank. you wouldnt have to change the bulb for 4+ years.
as for flow, alot of the nano guys use an ac70 with an ac50 impeller to dial back the flow. they use th ac70 for half a gallon more as well as more space for media and possibly a refugium.

nano-newb1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeSB http:///forum/thread/385829/looking-for-ideas-to-upgrade-stock-equipment-on-my-3g-jbj-pico#post_3385652
a par 38 bulb would be awesome for this tank. you wouldnt have to change the bulb for 4+ years.
as for flow, alot of the nano guys use an ac70 with an ac50 impeller to dial back the flow. they use th ac70 for half a gallon more as well as more space for media and possibly a refugium.
do you think just gettin a ac50 would be ok? its on my desk and less bulk the better lol
where would i get the par 38 bulb?

nikesb

yehp the ac50 would be just fine if you dont plan on a fuge.
nanotuners and ecoxotic has par38 bulbs with 40 deg optics. they pack a punch and at 10" high theyll for sure light up the jbj pico
rapid led has a 7bulb one too if you want more bulbs. the most expensive one out of these 3 are ecoxotic. personally i would go with nanotuners

nano-newb1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeSB http:///forum/thread/385829/looking-for-ideas-to-upgrade-stock-equipment-on-my-3g-jbj-pico#post_3385675
yehp the ac50 would be just fine if you dont plan on a fuge.
nanotuners and ecoxotic has par38 bulbs with 40 deg optics. they pack a punch and at 10" high theyll for sure light up the jbj pico
rapid led has a 7bulb one too if you want more bulbs. the most expensive one out of these 3 are ecoxotic. personally i would go with nanotuners
hmmm those par 38 are pretty sweet. What type of lamp to they plug into?

nikesb

1guydude

I have one pretty high over my 10gal and it is working out nicely...coral in the tank does enjoy the light but the bulb is so heavy it makes the bendable light fixtures from walmart bend over lol....Im looking into a stand and a tall fixture with multi lamp input so i can move the tank out of my room, hard to sleep with the stinkin moonlights!
Nike ur using these in ur room!!!! LOL
I just used one of those metal round clamp things for a car intake to hold the bend....
edit....coral have to get used to the light it seems....

nano-newb1983

cool, yea i think i goin to pick one of these up soon.. I wanna keep some High end zoas in it, will be another small frag tank