Looking for New Skimmer, Any Suggestions??

am00re34

I currently have a 55g reef tank w/ a aqua C Remora HOB Skimmer, but am upgrading my tank to a 90g that will have a sump. I am looking for the best skimmer for my money. I am thinking about spending between 3-400, but would be happy to spend less if possible. Also, the skimmer can be a sit in unit or out of sump unit. I havn't built my sump yet so i can make it to accomidate either one.
Any suggestions?

moprint

MSX 160 from Marine Solutions would be ideal for your setup. Its only $299. Its footprint is only 8"x10".

al mc

An ASM3, or Octopus 150 would be good in the sump skimmers in that price range. If out of sum and you want to spend a little more money consider
an MRC2.

nakadoc

I had a Euroreef RS80 on both my 55 and 75 a while back and it did an awesome job! You can find these in the $125-150 range used, sometimes really cheap! New they run around $250ish

joncat24

Originally Posted by moprint
http:///forum/post/2443556
MSX 160 from Marine Solutions would be ideal for your setup. Its only $299. Its footprint is only 8"x10".
excellent choice...or you could go with the octo ps 150 for $200 if money is a concern.

ereefic

Becketts do work very well, but they use alot of electricity to power them properly. A NW is definately a better way to go.

eyebedam

I would stay away from the asm but a recirc octo a MSX or a DAS would all be a good choice.
I def wouldn't run the Beckett on that size of tank they are really good skimmers but IMO they are better suited for systems with a total water volume of 180 gallons or more to juistify the increased power consumption.