Looking for suggestions..

carp31

I have a 125 gallon FOWLR. The tank has been up for 5 years. I lost 5 very expensive fish 5 months a go to Ich. I made the mistake of putting a aggressive fish in with a well established tank. To make a long story short the aggressive fish stressed out the whole tank and I couldn't save the fish in time. I lost all interest in the my tank for 5 months. Now after coming back on this site I want to restock it. I just want like 2 or 3 bigger show fish. Just want some suggestions on fish.

carp31

Either one as long as they get along. i would like a mixture of tangs and a angel fish. I had a chevron, juvenile emperor, Henichus Butterfly, coral Beauty for a good two years. Then my cousin sold me his Red Sea Sohal Tang. Beautiful fish but a killer! LOL! He stressed the whole tank out. I waited to long to get rid of him. I wont ever make that mistake again. My Juvenile emperor was changing colors too. I bought my Chevron when he was around a half dollar size and when he died he was around 4". It was a real bummer.

lesleybird

Hi, I am an angelfish fan and think that a Majestic angelfish or a Scribbled angelfish would go nicely in your size tank as they only get to 10 or 11 inches, not 16 to 18 inches like the emperator or a queen angelfish. Some of the fairy wrasses like Scotts and some of the others are peaceful and reef safe. One smaller angelfish like a flame or something could go in with a bigger angel. A pair of clowns could also go in with these. Lesley

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by Carp31
Either one as long as they get along. i would like a mixture of tangs and a angel fish. I had a chevron, juvenile emperor, Henichus Butterfly, coral Beauty for a good two years. Then my cousin sold me his Red Sea Sohal Tang. Beautiful fish but a killer! LOL! He stressed the whole tank out. I waited to long to get rid of him. I wont ever make that mistake again. My Juvenile emperor was changing colors too. I bought my Chevron when he was around a half dollar size and when he died he was around 4". It was a real bummer.
I'm sorry about the loss. A Sohal in a tank that size was a dissaster waiting to happen, Sohal is one the hardiest and beautiful tangs there are, I would love to have one someday, but in nothing less than a 240 with Triggers, puffers, and full grown angels.
Anyway, IMO a 125 is borderline with any "big angel", you might want to stick with dwarf angels like a flame, or coral beauty. Clowns would be good, maybe a couple of Tangs (maybe Tennant and Yellow?), and a Threadfin or Heniochus Butterfly. How about a "mellow" trigger like a BlueThroat?
Good Luck