Looking for your opinions..

noah's nemo

I would like to add one or two more tankmates...
So far i have ...(75 gall. tank 50lbs lr and ls 6 mon.old ..150 coming within the next year)
2 false percs
1 yellow tang(small 2 in. maybe)
2 yellowtail blue damsels
Wife would like a butterfly or angel... any suggestions Thank you

J

jrthomas40

first of all....either that kid is really small or that is a BIG ol' dog.....second most butterfly fish arent reef safe and angels are hit or miss you'll have some that nip and some that dont...if it is not a reef tank then i would go with the angel of some sort like maybe an emporer

noah's nemo

Yeah he's a big ol dog(175lb. Newfoundland)
I do like the emporer's,just a bit worried about the cost of them and then having some kind of problems.Its not a reef tank so you think a butterfly will be good.What about another type of clown(maroon maybe)??I'm open to all suggestions.

J

jrthomas40

maroons are supposed to be the most aggressive clown and there will probably be people that tell you not to do it and that you are asking for trouble...but since it is not a reef tank you are free to get a butterfly i like the copperbanded butterfly

noah's nemo

Those are a goodlooking fish.I also read that they will pick at any Aiptasia you have in the tank.I have some on every piece of rock in the tank.Is this more of a snack or would they benefit from it.Would they eat mysids or just clam(is this of frozen variety).

magooo2

Since you spoke of an angel, I have had luck with My rusty angel. Like they said above tho hit and miss. Worked well with my clowns(oscel)

mcbdz

If you are talking about moving your fish to the 150, but haven't done it yet, I would wait until it has matured alittle after the move. Which ever fish you end up with, these all need a mature tank with stable high quality water levels. Butterflies are especially delicate.

noah's nemo

Well,Thank you for that advice.I will be moving everything in about 6-9 months to a 150.Is there any other, more hardy fish i could get now,and would be fine to move later?