looking foward to this????

gasguzzler

With the day we had up here today it seems like that junk is going to fly any minute. I put the motorcycle away weeks ago, but still had the Mustang. I guess Im dreaming. Hey Tangman, any more room?

tangman99

Originally posted by lovethesea
no point :rolleyes:
just some Florida friends of ours say winter is there when its about 65 and sunny.

I was just kidding with you because I'm one of them. I switch the air over to heat, but it won't come on until it gets cooler.
Sorry if you took me serious. :nervous:

tangman99

Originally posted by gasguzzler
With the day we had up here today it seems like that junk is going to fly any minute. I put the motorcycle away weeks ago, but still had the Mustang. I guess Im dreaming. Hey Tangman, any more room?

I don't know gasguzzler. There are a lot of Snowbirds traveling South on I-95 here. We might can fit you in if you get here before Thanksgiving. There are motorcycles everywhere here. Three Harley in my neighborhood alone and all over the highways. Biketoberfest was just in Daytona a few weeks ago.

lovethesea

Originally posted by TangMan99
I was just kidding with you because I'm one of them. I switch the air over to heat, but it won't come on until it gets cooler.
Sorry if you took me serious. :nervous:

OH.....my bad, sorry for the... :rolleyes:

I can't wait 'till I'm a "snowbird". :joy: I hear 95 into FL can be backed up for so long that you can almost get a tan sitting there. :nervous:

coastie55g

Originally posted by Nikkoli110
AUUUUH!!! PUT THOSE AWAY!!! Not looking forward to snow this year!!! Last year was enuff! But then again, it is pretty, but only when you get to stay home and look out at it, not drive in it. Last year we got like 3 feet in one storm, for RI that sucks! But the first snow fall is always nice. :happy:

I hear ya, this will be my second winter in RI, but grew up in northern michigan snow.. and let me tell you new england drivers in the snow scare the piss out of me:mad: 90 mph when its snowing..

gasguzzler

Yeah, its always the jerks in the new Cherokees flying down the highway by me at 90 because they now have 4WD they think theyre OK. Theyre the same ones I see 2 exits down the road with a wrecker pulling them out of a ditch or see them flipped over.
The funniest thing around here is when the snow first starts flying. Everyone forgets how to drive and goes 25 down the highway!

dskidmore

I always look forward to the first hard snow. Does wonders to cut off the fall allergies. Snow I love, it's slush I don't like. I'd much rather drive during a snowstorm, with snow crunching solidly under my tires when everyone else is staying off the roads, then the next day with the roads full and the wet slippery stuff everywhere.

nw2sltfsh

for the first time in years I am looking forward to the snow. I am about to close on my first home and the living room has a nice gas fireplace and a huge picture window, Cant wait to sit on my couch, with the fireplace going and watching the snow fall.
Plus the yard is large and my kids can finally play in the snow in their own yard!
(so if the snow can hold out another 20 days then I will be so happy)

ryand

there are three things i like about snow...
1. you get to reck around in the deep stuff with your dirt bike and get snow down your back...
2. you get to race with polaris 500z threw the snow once you make the track in the old corn feild...
3 you get to ride snowmobiles at about 75 then hit a jump and jump off to see how far it will ghost ride.
thats about all.............(just kidden about the jump not the ghost ridden but it would be cool to have a jump... not cold)

saltymom

Originally posted by NW2SLTFSH
for the first time in years I am looking forward to the snow. I am about to close on my first home and the living room has a nice gas fireplace and a huge picture window, Cant wait to sit on my couch, with the fireplace going and watching the snow fall.
Plus the yard is large and my kids can finally play in the snow in their own yard!
(so if the snow can hold out another 20 days then I will be so happy)

I know exactly how ya feel! We closed on a house in the country two weeks ago! We havent got to move in yet..needed some work..but hopefully by Thanksgiving! Im looking foward to the kids being able to sled down the hill on the back of our property and be able to play in our OWN yard too!!
Now...having both of us said this...lol..It will probably gaurantee that by sum freak of nature...No snow will fall in MA or IN this winter!!!
Be my luck anywayz!
let it snow
let it snow
let it snow
I can t wait either! Im looking forward to some!

scoobydoo

Here in Upstate New York, we get LOTS of snow. Syracuse won the snow award again last year. 176 inches of snow. Really sucks when school is closed and days are taken away from vacations to make up for them. Driving to work can take over an hour when the normal commute is 20 minutes. SUCKS!!! My only solace is we go to the carribean every Feb. for a week. I get really miserable getting up when its dark and coming home in the dark. Can't go till April this year because of kids schedules but we're going to Aruba with another family for a week. Can't wait. All you warm weather people have NO IDEA!!!!

dedwards

Saltymom...Good to see some more Indiana-ians here. I'm from Lafayette...few hours northwest of ya. Congrats on the houses everyone. They should be done building ours in Feb. just in time for the good-ol Feb snow.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!

I HATE winters down here! We get lots of rain right before winter so first it gets soggy, and then it gets frozen!:nope:
We get lots of "precipitation" down here... it's the worst kind of winter for me, especially after growing up in Cali
AND, I have to walk to and from school everyday... NOT looking forward to that!
I can't wait to get frostbite... maybe I'll just drop out till spring:D Hmmm, not a bad idea.

AND, our Chistmas "vacation" down here is 10 DAYS!!!!!:scared:
Since when is it so short? I remember getting off of school the week before Chistmas and not having to go back till after my b-day (Jan 16):nope: What happened to the good old elementary days?:confused:
-Nadia:)