Looking To Bye A Used Protein Skimmer

finchfishs

Edit - ** Looking to Buy a used protien skimmer ** stupid mispelling by me
Hi, im looking for a protein skimmer that works fine. If you getting rid of yours i would be interested. Im looking for a good one for a 44g tank, but doenst need to be to special. Feel free to email me at - Baseballz247@yahoo.com
thanks.

diane4

I have a new protein skimmer on order, hasn't arrived yet. But will be selling my Red Sea Berlin classic protein skimmer with pump. Used only about 3 months. If you or anyone is interested.

diane4

Nope, I still have it. I wil let you all know as soon as my other skimmer comes in.
The Red Sea Berline works fine, but I wanted a larger and higher end skimmer, thus the Euro Reef. I have spent so much money already on equipment, that I am numb to it all.
When it does become available for me to sell, I will provide the interested buyers with proof that I bought it three months ago from Big Als online.

bob a.

Not sure how long you have been into this hobby, but a protein skimmer is one of those things that follows the adage "You get what you pay for" There are plenty of skimmers out there to choose from. Take a look on ---- and search on "Protein Skimmer" and see how many results there are. Bet you will find a bunch of Jebo's and the like for less than 30 bucks. Point is, will it do what you want it to which is pull out many of the waste products before they start to break down. You are putting a bunch of money in the tank with livestock, and this is a critical part of the filtration system. Right now I am running two skimmers on two tanks, both are Aqua C's. One is a remora and the other a remora pro. Not cheap, but good units (probably the best of the hang on tank types).
A while back I tried to give away a Mombassa skimmer to anybody who would show up at my door to claim it. Still have it. It is more of a nuisance than it is worth. Do some research and figure out how much you want to spend and which units will fit the bill.

diane4

I totally agree. But, one must remember that the lower end skimmers do work and not everyone can afford to spend or want to spend 500 bucks for a top of the line skimmer.
Me, I am nuts - there isn't anything I wouldn't do for my dog face puffer. He means so much to me.
I am being bitten by the reef bug though. It's catching and got me. Don't know how deep I will get into it because my husband and I generally prefer to keep inhabitants that are social with us, but I get a natural high by watching a reef tank evolve. I stare at it a few minutes a day to observe changes and growth. I enjoy it.

richkid03

I have a Jebo that is in like new condition with the box. I purchased this unit (brand new) several months ago, but never got around to completing my saltwater setup (lack of money and time). This skimmer was used by a friend who was setting up his tank and needed to borrow it for about a week. Its rated for somewhere between a 55 and 90 (I think towards the top end) gallon tank. It comes with everything it did when new, the pump (looks just like a big powerhead) and the skimmer, no hoses. I would prob take $40 plus exact shipping. Let me know
RCamarda@stny.rr.com
Thanks,
Rich

richkid03

I have a Jebo that is in like new condition with the box. I purchased this unit (brand new) several months ago, but never got around to completing my saltwater setup (lack of money and time). This skimmer was used by a friend who was setting up his tank and needed to borrow it for about a week, he said it worked great for him. Its rated for somewhere between a 55 and 90 (I think towards the top end of this estimation) gallon tank. It comes with everything it did when new, the pump (looks just like a big powerhead) and the skimmer, no hoses. I would prob take $40 plus exact shipping. Let me know
RCamarda@stny.rr.com
Thanks,
Rich

richkid03

Okay, I just found the exact skimmer on ----, for $50 buy it now, plus $8 for shipping, my skimmer is in like new condition. According to the ---- auction this skimmer is actually rated for up to a 150 gallon tank. Let me know if you want it.
RCamarda@stny.rr.com