Looking to get first SW tank, have Q's

smithers

I am looking to get my first SW tank FOWLR. I am considering a Tenecor 75g Quarter cylinder.
My question is should I get the complete filtration system from Tenecor (Marine ready?) or as a first timer should I get the Show tank with pre-filter and build my own system?
If the Tenecor system is good I would prefer the turn key approch (not much of a DIYer) ...
Thank you in advance for your help...

mike22cha

Just get a tank with an overflow, and put in a sump. And/or have a HOB rated gph for a 75g tank. I highly recommend the sump though.

royal gang

Originally Posted by MIKE22cha
Just get a tank with an overflow, and put in a sump. And/or have a HOB rated gph for a 75g tank. I highly recommend the sump though.
OH COME ON!!! He's new...

petjunkie

For the money tenecor wants I would buy a 180 all glass and some metal halides, with a nice sized sump/fuge underneath. Have you dealt with acrylic tanks before, they can have their problems if you aren't careful.

smithers

I have only had glass FW tanks in the past. Wanted the acrylic tank mainly because of my two young children (tank will be in their play area). Also liked the nice clean seamless look.