looks different then Aiptasia but breeds as fast (what

lar

I had a couple of these guys about 6 months ago,
now about 30 with a couple even on the glass.
The stem is thicker then aiptasia and is green rather then near clear as Aiptasia is. The head has shorter tenticles and is brown like a leather may be. I actually thought it was a couple little leathers, It is some kind of rock anemone and will take over the tank if I can't figure this one out.

treble

I used to have some of those. They are a pain, its hard to get rid of them. I just polled the rock out of the tank, took a pair of twesers, and riped the little buggers off. :)

fishymissy

Could they be majano anemones? Try here.....you have to scroll down to the 2nd picture. It's not the best pic in the world of them, usually you can see the center disc much more clearly. And sometimes they have bubble tips too.
<a href="http://www.reefs.org/hhfaq/pages/main_pages/faq_rock1.htm" target="_blank">www.reefs.org/hhfaq/pages/main_pages/faq_rock1.htm</a>
I have some of these in my tank. The ones that have spread to other rocks are killed, but as long as they stay on "their" rock, they can stay. What's really strange is my clownfish has taken to them.......
I too, took the rocks out of the water, scraped as much of them off as I could, then covered the spot they were in with silicone glue. Leave sit for a couple of minutes, then back in the tank with the rock.

lar

That wasn't it, the head does seem to have short bubble tips. The green stem is most apparent.