Lopezi Tang

mnherper

got one a few months back.nice tang they get big fast but other then that there a good fish for a bigger tank.

anthropo

if i'm not mistaken this fish is also called a vlamingi tang. i've had one of these in the past and is an amazing looking fish but grows really really fast and big. i had one for a while until i had to sell it to someone with a larger tank

teresaq

I have a 150.
Stock
pair of oc clowns
royal gramma
pygmy angel
pj cardinal
bi-color blenny
dragon goby
eng goby

mnherper

there different then a vlamingi .there both a naso just one is a naso vlamingi and the other is a naso lopezi.and it sounds like you should be fine TeresaQ a 150 is fine for one.just remember they eat a lot.

teresaq

na, not really that much into tangs, but would like at least one.
Now leaning towards the scopas
T

jarodw45

it is pretty mellow but I do not have him with any other tangs. I know that if you keep them with other tangs that are of the same body shape and color they should be introduced at the same time in odd numbers or they will fight.

jarodw45

I like the scopas tangs, the younger ones are more colorful. The older they get the darker they get. They are pretty hardy and affordable. Good luck with your choice, I also like the sailfin tangs.

small triggers

I would get a scopus if i didnt have my Kole,,, they are both really great. (though i also want a sohal and a sailfin when we build our new house/tank)

maxsmart

I maintain a very peaceful tank, would the Scopas be a problem in there? When I say very peaceful, I like gobies, blennies, jawfish - and I like to get them as juvies. I can't have anyone who will bully them. My perculas and LMB don't bother anyone - I like that. (the percs flirt-fight with each other, but that doesn't count) I had been leaning towards a Lopezi, but the Scopas looks good too. Any thoughts?

windlasher

Originally Posted by TeresaQ
http:///forum/post/3027852
who has one and what do you think of them. Do you have any pictures of adults and juvies
T
I have one that has grown from about 1.5 to 2" in just over a month or so. He really is a pig too. They wont have those blue spots until they get bigger so kind of boring right now.

maxsmart

I wanted a Lopezi tang and couldn't find one in stock so I settled for a Scopas. Biggest mistake I've ever made. They are VERY aggressive, they have a razor blade on each side of their tail and any time he sees another fish sitting peacefully at the bottom he tries to gauge their eyes out. My adult lawnmower blenny is an inch away from death because he can't feed without the stupid tang bullying him, even though there is plenty of food around the tank. Lawnmower blennies can hold their ground against most any bully, but not Scopas Tangs. When they get full, they STILL attack other fish (and inverts!) going after food. They are somewhere between damsels and sharks in aggressiveness. Now I can't get the stupid thing out of my tank, I don't want to kill it but I'm about ready to because he's made it clear that it's either him or every other inhabitant of the tank. Any suggestions?