losing / gaining weight... ladies?

alix2.0

so ive been feeling like crap lately. for the past few months i have been really miserable. i only vaugely watch my weight, but ive been noticing that within a few weeks ive been losing as much as 15 pounds, then putting on ten, then losing five, then putting on five, then losing 15 more, then putting it all back on, etc. for the past few years my weight has been really steady, and losing or gaining 15 pounds is a lot for me. i havent had any change in my eating habits (i eat well), and im not trying to lose weight, so its not that. im assuming its from stress and being unhappy, but that doesnt really make sense or sound healthy. just wondering if anyone else has experienced this... i cant really find anything about it.

U

usirchchris

That sounds very odd to me...the 5 pounds here and there not so much, but 10-15 pound swings. I would see a doctor about that. Do your eating habits fluctuate with the gaining and losing?

alix2.0

no... it just comes out of nowhere. i mean just like everyone else there are days where i eat less or more than usual... but not enough to make that much of a change that fast.

jerryatrick

Well unless you post the typical foods plus portions that you eat and "if any" drugs/alcohol consumed, I am not sure if we can help you. I have seen stress cause weight loss and gain with certain people.

U

usirchchris

How about your digestive system?...without getting too personal...if your eating habits don't change much is the stress causing IBS type symptoms to where you are just not digesting your food properly at times? This can cause drastic weight fluctuations...but the case would have to be pretty extreme.

U

usirchchris

Ok well my last guess is water retention...not being sarcastic, but if there is no real change in the eating habits, or digestive system...

jennythebugg

the amount of weight is prolly so dramatically diff because of weighing at different times of day with different clothes on and whether and how much youve eaten or drank that day - but you are fluctuating and it may be water retention from being on your feet alot and stress my 16 yr old did the same thing right before she had her last growth spurt

ca161406

i agree with jenny.
it could be because you dont eat much for dinner one night, then sleep and wake up. be up for a few hours and then weigh yourself without realizing its because of sleeping it off. i can loose around 10lbs that way over night and put it back on.
also could be because of hydration through the day or night.
there are lots of reasons it could be happening, not all bad. i have lost 20lbs in one day to cut weight for wrestling/BJJ so large fluctuations can happen

nw2salt08

I'm not having the same issue as you. But, yes, I do have problems with weight gain and loss. But I have hormonal issues causing mine. I'm on hormone therapy to try to correct it. So far it's not working though. Supposed to go pick up my new

[hr]
today.
Hope you get to feeling better soon though. I know I wish I was.