Lost Directions Calcium Tester

ajwaters

I have a Tropic Marin Calcium test kit.
I haven't checked the calcium level in awhile. when i went to go do it I lost the directions. Most of the box is in german they have a number i haven't called it.
Tried to search to see if I could find a site that might would have them with no luck. does anybody have an old set of directions.
I know the testing is kind of a pain in the butt so i'm not sure if would be possible for someone to write them down to me.
And I really don't want to buy another one i have only used the one i got one time. any ideas.
I will probably see if the LFS use the same brand testers and if they do i'll try to see if they would let me take them so i can make a copy but its sunday and there closed.
if you can help i would appreciate it.

ajwaters

Does anyone have a way of scanning the important parts of the directions, so i could print them off adobe.
Bump

snailheave

i think it generally goes like this:
1. add 2-3 drops of solution #1. shake well.
2. add 2-3 drops of solution #2. shake well.
3. add one drop of solution #3 at a time then shake well, add additional drops until it turns a certain color.

snailheave

ah guess what i found:
Instructions:
Shake each reagent bottle well before every use. First rinse both test vials with tap water and then, several times, with the tank water to be tested. With the 5ml dosing syringe fill both test vials with exactly 5 ml of tank water. Pur one of the two filled test vials aside to be used as a comparison vial later. Place one of the two yellow syringe tips on the red lettered 1ml dosing syringe. Fill the syringe with liquid reagent Calcium A up to the 20 unit mark and add the entire amount to the test sample. Close the glass test vial with the plastic stopper and shake the solution for a short time. Add a level measuring spoonful of powdered reagent Calcium B to the test sample, close the glass test vial with the plastic stopper and shake the solution until the powder is fully dissolved. The solution should turn light blue. Remove the plastic stopper from the blue test sample. Place the second yellow syringe tip on the black lettered 1 ml dosing syringe and fill this syringe with reagent Calcium C, exactly up to the 1.0 ml mark. One drop at a time, slowly add reagnet Calcium C to the blue test sample. Swirl the glass test vial after each drop in order to mix the liquid thoroughly. Continue to add drops of reagent Calcium C until the light blue solution turns colorless. In order to recognize the color transition easily, place both the test sample and th comparison sample, from earlier, on a white sheet of paper and look from above into both test vials. After the test sample becomes colorless, read the remaining amount of reagnet C in the syringe, reading from the bottom of the black rubber O ring on the plunger. Compare the amount with the chart provided with the test kit to find the exact amount of calcium concentration in mg/l (ppm).

ajwaters

Thank you Thank you
:D
Thanks I went to one fish store they didn't have that brand. I really didn't want to buy a new kit.
Thanks again. you just saved me 15 bucks.