lost fish ordered from SWF

scarolinaguy20

I have gotten clowns and no problems. Whether you order the fish or the fish store order them, they go through the same process. Important to drip acclimate.

dang

I ordered and received last week a yellow tang and a Koran Angel from SWF, both were exactly as described, and they came in better than I expected. They were shipped and unpacked in less than 24 hours, both are eating well and acclimated into my QT tank just fine. I've ordered from other online places and the fish from SWF are much better. The only complaint I have is the charges for the box, which did not work for drip acclimating, it leaked like a sieve.

eaglephot

Many of my fish are from SWF.com. They are VERY good at packing the fish for the journey and making the fish nice and cozy. The only thing I have ever lost (I've had 6+ large shipments from them) was an Orange Linkia Starfish. My Blue Tang was bought from here. They shipped him in a bag that looked like it was full of 4 gallons of water. What I am trying to say, you can trust them. They are the best.

eaglephot

Originally Posted by dang
http:///forum/post/2764954
The only complaint I have is the charges for the box, which did not work for drip acclimating, it leaked like a sieve.
I had this problem once. I think it is the shipping company not doing what the box says "Live Fish. Handle with Care". I had my box dropped on my front door step once.

windlasher

Originally Posted by slt wtr stupid
http:///forum/post/2763422
how many people have ordered fish from this web site and lost them in either shipping or during the fifteen day period? trying to figure out what are the fish that ship the best and make it through the stress of being in a new tank please also list any fish that you have ordered and have made it.
Thanks Robin
SWF was the first online place I ordered fish from. Most of the fish I ordered from them, I still have, and this after a major house move and serious tank CRASH after the move. I have no worries from here. Fish I got from other places, are now RIP. SO I guess, what I am saying is that statistically speaking, they deliver what they say they will deliver.... WL

ufo8micats

I have been ordering from this site for several years and have only recently encountered an issue.
My last order had two fish that had no water in the bags, and was dead. i immediately took pictures, and put in for a refund, and was granted a refund on my credit card with no issue.

noah's nemo

Originally Posted by defcon11
http:///forum/post/2764933
the good thing about LFS buying is you can put the fish on hold and observe it before buying
Is it really that much cheaper online?My LFS is pretty close to this site in price,plus your giving the local guys buisness.

googz

I bought a tessalata moray on monday got it tuesday and it started to eat right after acclimation. Could not be happier.

ilovemytank

Originally Posted by Noah's Nemo
http:///forum/post/2770015
Is it really that much cheaper online?My LFS is pretty close to this site in price,plus your giving the local guys buisness.
I used to live in Florida and there was LFS on every corner. There prices were as good if not better than internet. I now live in Charlotte. There is one major saltwater fish shop and a couple of minor ones that really don't carry much of anything. The LFS ( Fintastics ) Is the worst rip off I've ever seen. I don't know how they stay in business ( They are huge and stock everything but...) I can buy any fish by itself, pay $ 35 shipping for that fish, and still save money. They charge $ 11 a pound for the cheapest live rock I've ever seen. baby cleaner shrimp $ 59 each. firefish $ 49 ?????? I don't understand. I walk in to see different fish alive but can't imagine buying from them. did I mention small clams $ 149 and they pay there sales people commision ! What ?

robertmathern

Well I have never got anything from swf but i build jet engines and work in the shipping indrustry alot. From my experence with fedex or ups or whatever when you put fragile on the packege it all depends on who sees that sticker. It might meen drop kick it for a field goal to them ( trust me I have seen it ) you have to remember these are low piad employees that dont care. But swf does have a money back guarentee and if they live through that you should be ok