Lost in Lights!

dawndevil6

After a couple months i have decided I would like to upgrade my tanks lighting for my eclipse 29 gallon with dimensions as follows
L 30 W 12 H 18
I was told by the person at the lfs by me that i had to buy a hood for my tank that can house the lights and trash the current one i have. I am totally lost on how I go about this any help would be appreciated my goal is to have MH ( i think thats the best?) lights so that i can have any corals i want. I was also wondering if there is a website that i can get a hood or canopy to house those lights (unless i have to get a custom one). email me the website @ dawndevil69@gmail.com and post post post

zanoshanox

Yeah you will most likely have to dump the eclipse hood and get new filtration also. (assuming that you use the filtration in the hood). I woud go for a metal halide fixture and go topless. Get something that has legs so that you can mount it above your tank.

saltfan

They make a 65watt retro kit for you tank. No need for MH, your tank really is not deep enough to warrant that much light. Although, you could go with the 70w MH, but what for? The retro kit is cheaper and almost the same wattage.

saltfan

Originally Posted by Dawndevil6
do you know where i can find the retrokit and does it come with a new filter and what not
It fits in the exsisting slot you have your current lamp. I have sent you an e-mail with the info you need.

saltfan

Originally Posted by Dawndevil6
thank you so much for the help and the site greatly appreciated!